Talk

Advanced search

Smiggle advent calendar

(72 Posts)
JaneAustinAllegro Thu 01-Dec-16 07:18:29

Anyone else with one of these?
Both of ours had broken yoyos in the first day - way to turn a great surprise into tears in in 30 seconds! Neither child managed to get a single spin out of it and they can't be fixed. Cheers, Smiggle

silky86 Thu 01-Dec-16 08:33:10

Same here - broken yoyo, very disappointed little girl

saltedcaramelhotchoc Thu 01-Dec-16 09:09:26

Same here, DD upset. And it wasn't cheap....

JaneAustinAllegro Thu 01-Dec-16 09:22:31

wow I wouldn't want to be their customer services this morning... Am now concerned about what else is in there that's breakable of course

Luggage16 Thu 01-Dec-16 11:30:13

so far ours seem ok but will keep an eye on this thread and see what smiggle say in response. I was surprised at a plastic yoyo though and think the kids were quite underwhelmed!

Nearlyadoctor Thu 01-Dec-16 11:31:48

Same here, I rang our local store first thing - they were aware because they are also big in Australia and obviously they are ahead time wise.

The girl I spoke to was very apologetic and said Smiggle have already organised a replacement gift ( twisty snake puzzle) , which if you live close enough to pop into a store they will happily swop for the broken yoyo, or to ring customer service and they will send the replacement gift!

Floggingmolly Thu 01-Dec-16 12:23:16

Oh, great, thanks for this. Thought it was just us, with a shite start to the advent season! Hope the bloody thing gets better...

There Facebook page is mental just now. People are finding the watch under number 25 broken as well and the gift under number 13 is emerging as another possible broken one.
We had one Brown yo yo took it apart and fixed it and let them open 25 and one broken watch both broken items out the same calander.
They won't replace the watch with a watch but another item of same value and I can't get to a store so they are going to call me later with what the replacement will be.

NameChanger22 Thu 01-Dec-16 12:26:50

DD has one. She's played with the yoyo and it hasn't broken yet. I'm sure there will be some good things in there.

ThornyBird Thu 01-Dec-16 12:29:59

dc1 (15) was a little bemused by her 'stationery' yoyo - fortunately she has 3 younger siblings who will steal it in no time - fortunately we have an unbroken model!

JaneAustinAllegro Thu 01-Dec-16 12:30:02

holy cow there's a WATCH in it??? one of mine is desperate for a (non broken) watch.
Are all the watches broken? off to their FB page (love to know how they've found them broken on day 1)

Nearlyadoctor Thu 01-Dec-16 12:45:42

.???? A watch - no a yoyo!!!

JaneAustinAllegro Thu 01-Dec-16 13:04:37

how odd, some people work backwards in number based on "sleeps to go" so they've opened the big present which is a broken watch. The FB page is indeed a thing to behold. Feel rather sorry for their customer service and some manufacturer in China is about to be hit with one hell of a claim.

Yeah a slap band watch. It started with a few people on Facebook saying they had let their dc open 25 and the watches were broken. After finding broken yoyo I let the boys open 25 to see if they worked and one didn't. The woman on the phone tried to tell me how to set the watch. But as only one was broken I'd already figured that bit out.

user1471462578 Thu 01-Dec-16 13:18:15

My daughter also has a broken yoyo! sad

CotswoldStrife Thu 01-Dec-16 13:21:35

Our yoyo is OK (at the moment), I had heard that there was a watch in there and I hope it isn't broken as Christmas Day is not a great day to try and sort something out!

Mirandawest Thu 01-Dec-16 13:23:01

DDs yoyo works fine.

JDSTER Thu 01-Dec-16 13:26:38

Broken yoyo here too. Thought it was my son being too rough with it!

TattyCatty Thu 01-Dec-16 13:27:47

Another broken yoyo here!

CotswoldStrife Thu 01-Dec-16 13:40:17

I am wondering if I can persuade DD to let me check the watch now, can probably cut in from the back to see if that is broken. In fact, I wonder how much of it I can check and put back together!

CotswoldStrife Thu 01-Dec-16 13:42:35

I've just had a closer look at the yo yo and it has already cracked - DD didn't want to have a go this morning. Looks like I'll be heading back to the shop with it next week as well fsad

Mirandawest Thu 01-Dec-16 13:52:07

Will check the yoyo later..

fairgroundsnack Thu 01-Dec-16 13:55:20

Broken yoyo here too! Thanks for tip, will take into store on Monday!

Nearlyadoctor Thu 01-Dec-16 14:09:51

According to the Facebook page , door 2 doesn't work and whatever is in 13 is broken too!!

Somerville Thu 01-Dec-16 14:12:09

What number have you guys called about replacements for breakages?

Our yoyo was broken and I'm just going to investigate whether I can gt to the watch without spoiling the door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now