Science/chemistry set for 8yo DS

(4 Posts)
CoffeeChocolateWine Wed 30-Nov-16 00:17:27

I'm thinking of getting my son a really good science set - possibly a chemistry set - for Christmas. He already has the John Adams Hot Wires electronics set which he really loves so I had a look at some more John Adams science sets but a lot of the reviews were a bit disappointing. I want something that will amaze him in the same way Hot Wires does but chemistry! Does anyone have any recommendations for a set that my son will love?

EdwardTheBlueEngine Wed 30-Nov-16 00:19:07

Can't help I'm afraid but in the same boat here. Chemistry sets all look a bit tame these days! Not even a bunsen burner unless you want to pay a fortune.

CoffeeChocolateWine Wed 30-Nov-16 00:24:16

Yes they do. I remember my older brother had a brilliant set when he was possibly a bit older than my son that he used to play with constantly and show me what he was doing. It was amazing. But the majority of chemistry sets I can see look a bit lame. Hopefully someone will come along with a great suggestion!

CoffeeChocolateWine Wed 30-Nov-16 20:37:36

Does anyone have a Science4you set? Any views? Either the Chemistry 1000/2000 or Explosive Science look like a possibility based on Amazon reviews...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now