Talk

Advanced search

Secret Santa for 40ish man?

(9 Posts)
sarahd100 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:24:08

We've just done the draw for secret santa at work and I've picked a lovely man in my team who is early to mid 40s with 3 kids - unfortunately I have no idea what to get him!

We both work in Marketing for a Bank but not sure if there's much more info I can give about him! Would like to get him something useful rather than something silly that he'll end up chucking confused

Anyone got any ideas?

macnab Tue 29-Nov-16 20:28:51

What is your budget? I just bought one of the Ladybird for grown ups books - The Meeting - for my boss. It's funny and I guess relevant for work relationship. It's out of stock on Amazon so I bought it here You could get that along with something else small, depending on what your budget is?

PoohBearsHole Tue 29-Nov-16 20:30:34

Chocolate, hotel chocolat. Then you can get one for yourself or he can regift 🙂 I got something shit last year with little thought and not edible. Frankly it wasted the other persons money when £3 from HC would have made my day!

PoohBearsHole Tue 29-Nov-16 20:31:08

Macnaghten, excellent choice!

Lilaclily Tue 29-Nov-16 20:31:29

Bottle of Wine?

sarahd100 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:33:50

Sorry!! Obvious mistake there - budget is £10 smile

Wine and chocolate are both good - not sure what wine he drinks though? Gahhh!

Lilaclily Tue 29-Nov-16 20:35:00

Get a nice merlot , if he doesn't drink red his wife can drink it winkgrin

Gloriarty Tue 29-Nov-16 20:37:59

Spice mix for a nice meal?

bigredfireengine Tue 29-Nov-16 21:38:53

Macnaghten, excellent choice!

What is macaghten? google comes up with the police commissioner at the time of the ripper or a victorian diplomat?

Neither would seem an excellent choice for a secret santa? Is int a whiskey?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now