Talk

Advanced search

Gift for my unwell mum - please help!

(9 Posts)
Hiphopapotamus4 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:49:09

My poor mother has been quite unwell recently, caused by a very stressful year! She has been told to rest but she refuses to do so as she runs around all day looking after everyone else.
She is now seriously struggling to walk and spending lots of time sitting about which I know she is hating!!
I want to get her a really nice present this year but it is proving much harder than I thought!
1. She can't use any body lotions/perfumes/etc at the moment so a pampering gift wouldn't work
2. She can't walk much so any kind of going out or doing something type gift is a no
3. She has mentioned that she can't wear slippers as they are irritating her injury
4. She always gives food and drinks gifts away to other people!

I have thought of a netflix subscription as she will enjoy having something good to watch while sitting around but it is really a gift for everyone to use I would prefer something just for her!

I know one of you will have the perfect idea!

LizzieMacQueen Tue 29-Nov-16 18:53:15

A kindle paperwhite.

And an absolute ban on her cooking the christmas dinner!!!

Hiphopapotamus4 Tue 29-Nov-16 19:17:38

She already has a kindle and is a bit trigger happy at buying books on it so I can't even get her a book as chances are she will have it on her vast kindle library!!

autumnglow Tue 29-Nov-16 19:48:44

What about something luxurious like cashmere? Jumper, gloves, socks, bed jacket? Or a digital photo frame that changes photos and you could some positive happy family pics?

TheDuckSaysMoo Tue 29-Nov-16 19:50:22

A heated throw? That's what I am getting for my unwell mum.

moocowmrs Tue 29-Nov-16 19:50:30

What about learning to crochet or knit a kit maybe keep her in one place and it's productive !

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 29-Nov-16 19:57:06

Probably a silly suggestion, but if she doesn't already have one, how about a mobile (or cordless) phone?

When my DF was very ill (and bedridden) I bought him a cordless phone for Christmas. He was so happy that he got to speak to all his pals. However, this was in the days when our phone was fixed to the wall in the hall.

Hiphopapotamus4 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:37:54

She would absolutely HATE anything like a throw or knitting or anything that in any way suggests she is getting old!
She has got a newer mobile than me and those fancy curved cordless phones too.

She is really impossible to buy for this year!

TheDuckSaysMoo Wed 30-Nov-16 20:10:41

Jigsaw? Posh jammies? Posh candle? I do like the Netflix idea too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now