Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting your husband/boyfriend for Christmas?

(45 Posts)
user1479495984 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:48:40

As per the title really. There's always one of these threads but I can't seem to find it this year though please point me in the direction if it does exist.

FructoseTart Tue 29-Nov-16 20:05:08

Football Tshirt and Joop so far this year. Not sure what else. I would normally do the whole socks and boxers thing but I brought them for his birthday grin
Christmas is more for the kids for us. We just top each other up with stuff we are running out of

17caterpillars1mouse Tue 29-Nov-16 20:06:48

A superdry running top
Wall.e Lego kit
Snowball (the drink)
Macaroons

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 29-Nov-16 20:07:09

Trainers, books about cycling, beard oil, Nick Cave vinyl .

MissClarke86 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:08:48

A PS4 (though 'it's out of his Christmas bonus and he already has it so not really a gift from me to him!)
Warhammer stuff
A board game
A plant pot in the shape of a frog...

My OH is a geek.

howcomes Tue 29-Nov-16 20:09:34

This is the link to current thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas/2748195-Ideas-for-those-hard-to-buy-for-men-in-our-lives

I'm making up a hamper filled with tasty things to eat and drink, and I've put together an album of pictures of him and DS as we never seem to get around to printing any of the photos we've taken.

monsterbookofty Tue 29-Nov-16 20:11:06

A phone. Again. 3rd this year.
I wanted to get him a coder making kit but he has moaned so much I gave in and he now has the phone 4 weeks early!

BretonStripe Tue 29-Nov-16 20:11:19

Aftershave as usual. I'm looking for set of mini ones so he has a variety, if anyone knows where to find one?

A new bag for when he goes away overnight with work.

A book I got on eBay about amateur dramatics, which he's just getting into.

monsterbookofty Tue 29-Nov-16 20:11:32

cider not coder!

sooperdooper Tue 29-Nov-16 20:13:15

An ice cream machine and a recipie book to go with it, probably some aftershave, not sure what else so watching for inspiration!!

Getnakedorgohome Tue 29-Nov-16 20:14:35

I got dh a pair of minion pj's, some new pants and socks, of the new Enid Blyton for grown ups books 'Five go parenting' and some shower gel and some sweets. Fairly boring but all had to fit in a shoebox to be posted to his deployment so I think we did quite well!

Ilovewillow Tue 29-Nov-16 20:14:43

I've got John Bishop tickets, a sock subscription and he has specifically asked for a spice rack!!?

LineyReborn Tue 29-Nov-16 20:16:10

Formcards - brilliant para-plastic mouldable bits of magic www.amazon.co.uk/FORMcard-Random-Colour-Pack-3/dp/B01IUAU2DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480450399&sr=8-1&keywords=formcards about a fiver a pack

And an Amazon Fire tablet for £29.99

And that's our agreed limit, so not bad really.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Tue 29-Nov-16 20:17:08

A laser crab

SwedishEdith Tue 29-Nov-16 20:18:29

Oh, I was going to ask about the coder making kit - sounded great! grin

elQuintoConyo Tue 29-Nov-16 20:21:27

Dog-walking trousers from Decathlon (he keeps getting his good trousers muddy, the numpty); waterproof hiking boots from Decathlon for dog walking (see inappropriateness of the clothes theme here...?).

Biography if Led Zepplin from a charity shop.

Phone charger for the car.

Desk lamp.

Hugely unexciting and uninspiring, but things he needs/doesn't know he needs grin

Oh, also for his stocking: pack of 4 tubes of Rollos (he doesn't know I bought them while we were in the UK - we are abroad!), and a can of Guinness!

Plus I'll take DS out with a fiver and he can buy something - possibly a wee miniature plane.

elQuintoConyo Tue 29-Nov-16 20:22:12

I am madly googling Wall.E lego set shocksmile

Bibbidee Tue 29-Nov-16 20:23:36

Naff all cause he dumped me! angry

NotMrsTumble Tue 29-Nov-16 20:24:45

Breton Boots had a box of mini aftershaves for £40 which included a voucher for a full size of any of the miniatures

BigApple11 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:25:51

Oh Bibbidee!! Treat yourself to something nice winecake

ibelieveindragons Tue 29-Nov-16 20:31:40

Pants, socks, pyjamas, chocolate. Haha I really don't spend much on him, he buys things he wants so I get things he needs. Anyway DS and me are his main presents!!!

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 29-Nov-16 20:36:25

bibbidee chocolate absolutely treat yourself

sarahd100 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:37:47

I'm getting an illustrator to draw a picture of us! And also random bits and bobs like a "phone camera clip" (attached to mobile camera lens and can be used to take fish eye, wide angle and macro photos), a personalised decanter and a camping mug!

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 29-Nov-16 20:39:12

Kindle Fire
Bruce Springsteen autobiography
Jurgen Klopp biography
New jumper

Got to get some bits for his stocking, food and drink and maybe some new slippers from the kids.

doghairinmytea Tue 29-Nov-16 20:40:32

Subscription for National Geographic and pubs that let dogs in guide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now