Cool toiletry/scent brands for teen boys?

(15 Posts)
BonusNewt Tue 29-Nov-16 14:34:52

I am buying for a 14 year old boy. I have been told definitely not Lynx and probably not David Beckham. Boy is not sporty, into gaming, and has recently got into a crowd which is into brands, but I have no idea which are cool! He likes Vans clothes if that helps...

Kenworthington Tue 29-Nov-16 14:38:04

My two boys are 18 and 13 and bith like the' bulldog' range of face care. Ds1 likes Versace and gaultier aftershaves. Ds2 has asked for Lacoste aftershaves

BonusNewt Tue 29-Nov-16 14:39:47

That's great, thank you! I will check them out. I have just come back from trawling around Boots and Debenhams staring slack jawed at brands thinking "I really have no idea about this at all." Lots of things I liked for me though!

Kenworthington Tue 29-Nov-16 14:44:01

Welcome. I bought ds2 the White square bottle of Lacoste. Can't remember the name (if it even had one!). He's the one who's the most brand savvy and a bit too cool for school so I reckon that may be a good bet. Hed Prob also be happy with anything that is adidas originals as he's a bit of a twat about stuff like that grin

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Tue 29-Nov-16 14:47:06

Just asked a group of 16-18 year old boys at work. A variety of different answers but Adidas and Jack Wills were the 2 most popular (David beckham, next and ted baker were also mentioned)

clairethewitch70 Tue 29-Nov-16 14:47:23

Adidas, Ted Baker, Jack Wills, Diesel. My boys are 17 & 20. They love Diesel.

LizzieMacQueen Tue 29-Nov-16 15:02:57

Do Superdry do a range of toiletries for boys?

I know they have some cosmetics.

BonusNewt Tue 29-Nov-16 15:03:54

Ooh, all great ideas, thank you!

slalomsuki Tue 29-Nov-16 15:17:41

Superdry do a range in their shops but they are a bit expensive imo. I have just bought my two a set from Topman to go with their Christmas vouchers.

AgeingArtemis Tue 29-Nov-16 17:41:14

Lacoste Noir smells nice for boys, it's not TOO expensive but it sounds premium and grown up.

bigredfireengine Tue 29-Nov-16 18:43:43

Were you told to buy toiletries?

My teenage boys do not see any kind of toiletry as a gift. A bit like buying someone tampax- they are everyday essential items.

BertrandRussell Tue 29-Nov-16 18:46:14

My ds likes Armani Eau de Cedre if that's any help.

BonusNewt Wed 30-Nov-16 11:18:31

bigred - I was, yes. He wants them. And I don't agree with what you say there - I wouldnt' be happy with Tampax as a gift, no, but I specifically ask for nice bath stuff every year - I'd love an Issey Miyake set but would be happy with Lush or Body Shop!

BonusNewt Wed 30-Nov-16 11:19:35

I have been looking at Lacoste Noir, and will also check out Eau de Cedre.

BertrandRussell Wed 30-Nov-16 12:40:16

Do! Ds was very pleased recently when a girl at school said "oh, please can I cuddle you-you smell like a pine forest" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now