Talk

Advanced search

Token gifts for volunteers from out of school clubs

(9 Posts)
geisha Tue 29-Nov-16 12:57:06

Every year we struggle to think of ideas for small gifts for the volunteers who give up so much of their time for football club, netball, swimming etc. Small token gifts because there's quite a few of them to buy for (mainly women; a few male). Last year just got dc to write a lovely message in a card but would really like to stretch to a small gift if possible. Grateful for any ideas?

AnguaResurgam Tue 29-Nov-16 12:59:51

Do you happen to know if they drink alcohol?

If so, how about a tin of premixed G&T (or similar) wrapped to look like a cracker?

geisha Tue 29-Nov-16 13:09:22

I think most do. That's a great idea Angus! Often 3 for £5 offers in my local supermarket too!

SilenceOfThePrams Tue 29-Nov-16 15:09:42

Half a dozen gingerbread biscuits in a little cellophane bag tied with ribbon.

A cheap tacky mug with a handful of quality street, or a sachet of hot chocolate, a foil wrapped biscuit, six mini marshmallows, and a couple of chocolate coins.

A little mini notebook, a little pen, and stick a drawing your child made onto the front of the notebook.

An IKEA Kilner jar, with dry ingredients for chocolate brownies or biscuits in it.

geisha Tue 29-Nov-16 15:36:08

Those are great ideas too Silence, thank you.

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Tue 29-Nov-16 19:33:28

Lottery ticket in a card or cracker

JoeMaplin Wed 30-Nov-16 08:23:20

To add to the great ideas above, Aldi have lovely packets if Lebkuchen for under a £1.

SloanePeterson Wed 30-Nov-16 08:26:49

On one of these threads last year someone suggested a costa voucher. My son has asd and has a lot of extra help at school and they went down really well, and at a fiver each don't break the bank. I like that it's a little treat but won't clutter up anyone's home. A nice card saying how much you appreciate their help will always be gratefully received too.

Groovee Wed 30-Nov-16 08:29:32

I run brownies. We often get boxes of chocolates. We open them at our planning meetings.

I don't drink, so normally give the bottles to the other leaders. One of my brownies always gave us M&S version of Ferraro Rocher which me and dd really miss x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now