Talk

Advanced search

Rescue Bots toys - help please!!

(15 Posts)
Bloodybloodyheckers Mon 28-Nov-16 10:49:09

Can anyone help please?

3 DDs (7 and under) love the rescue bots show and I would like to get them a character each and maybe a shared play set.

Only Amazon etc is so confusing as there seems to be all sorts of characters from different versions of transformers and some have terrible reviews.

So if anyone could link to the actual show characters that transform and aren't rubbish that would be amazing!

SatsukiKusakabe Mon 28-Nov-16 11:09:47

It's these guys

I've got slightly older versions of them which are all good and very robust - I probably paid 14 ish each at the time (over a couple of occasions)

The main four are Heatwave, Chase, Boulder and Blades. I bought a Quickshadow, one of the newer ones, from the entertainer so might be worth checking there. I'll see if I can find anything with cheaper delivery. They do seem to be hard to get for some reason.

SatsukiKusakabe Mon 28-Nov-16 11:17:22

Argos have these which are the right series but just have a different "rescan" mode, so eg Blades transforms to an aeroplane rathet han a helicopter, but might be an option. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are in there as they have cameos in the series.

Bloodybloodyheckers Mon 28-Nov-16 11:40:46

Thank you!! Amazing the girls will be really pleased smile

umizoomi Mon 28-Nov-16 11:49:10

We have heatwave which is very good and the boat with high tide, it's a bit blah. We also have a little bumblebee but it jams sometimes

heateallthebuns Mon 28-Nov-16 12:06:53

We have the boat with high tide and ds love it! I just got mr potatoes heads with costumes you put on them to dress as grim lock, Optimus prime and bumblebee which they really really love!!! There's lots of extra characters in the latest series. If it says rescue boys though then it shouldn't be ordinary transformers.

Misty9 Tue 29-Nov-16 07:03:47

I need these too - looks like I'd better get buying!

CakeNinja Tue 29-Nov-16 07:09:02

My ds is really into these. We got him maybe 6 for his birthday including a very large Bumblebee and a normal sized but ridiculously expensive Heatwave.
He's going to ask FC for Boulder so I'd better get him ordered.
I didn't read any reviews I have to say, and did buy some when I was in toys r us so no postage issues for some.
The rest I got on amazon.

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 29-Nov-16 08:07:27

My ds got them when he was three, he's now five and half and still plays with them a lot, and finds them easy to change and not frustrating so one of the better things I've bought really (though I gritted my teeth at the price at the time.) it might be worth looking on EBay as well as they sometimes do bundles; I think I got at least one of there and the rest Amazon.

He has asked for a large Optimus Prime this year which I've got from Argos so hope it is as well made as the little ones.

gruffaloshmuffalo Tue 29-Nov-16 08:19:29

My son's are into them too. Ended up getting a couple for American Amazon and paying the £4.99 shipping. Ended up about £14-16 ish. As opposed to ridiculous prices on Amazon uk

SpringerS Tue 29-Nov-16 09:42:38

My DS is getting these in his stocking. I got lucky and found a great secondhand bundle with the main four Rescue Bots, Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. I also bought Quickshadow as soon as I saw her in Smyths because I think it's actually quite important for kids to see male and female characters as equally important and exciting.

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 29-Nov-16 10:01:37

springer when my ds started watching it he asked why there were no girl rescue bots, and when Quickshadow appeared those were his favourite episodes for a while, so the perceptions of boys not being interested in female characters definitely comes from outside.

That being said, I've actually bought Quickshadow for my dd, as she plays with his Rescue Bots and it sometimes causes conflict so I'm getting her one of "her own" to encourage them to play nicely with all of them, and I know ds will want to play with QS. I spend too much time thinking about Rescue Bots grin

SpringerS Tue 29-Nov-16 10:35:19

so the perceptions of boys not being interested in female characters definitely comes from outside.

It definitely comes from the outside. But a huge part of that is the lack of female merchandising. Even before he was two Skye was my DS's favourite Paw Patrol member because (back then) she was the only one who could fly. I downloaded 80s superhero cartoons and he loved Firestar and Spider-Woman just as much as Spider-Man. He thinks Batgirl is just as important as Batman and Robin. But when all the Paw Patrol t-shirts have no Skye, when the Busy Book has everyone's vehicle but hers, when the toy Batcave only comes with Batman and Robin, and there are no Firestar or Spider-Woman toys in Smyths/Toys'r'Us it sends a very, very strong message that the male characters are better more important and bit by bit, the kids internalise that.

So I've made it my mission to do what I can to lessen that message to him. I seek out female figures and add them to play sets, I've even learned to make the ones I can't buy. I never buy him group merchandise if the female characters are left out, so I'll buy a Spider-Man or Hulk T-shirt but I won't buy an Avengers one if it only features male characters. When I decorated his room I looked for mixes gender posters and if I couldn't find them, I printed out pictures I found online. So finding Quickshadow in Smyths was great! grin

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 29-Nov-16 11:53:52

Yes, and ds loved Elsa until he went to school and also likes Kayo in Thunderbirds. As I have one of each now I find it difficult to get the balance right between giving dd strong female characters to identify with, and being too divisive along girl and boy lines. I try to go with what they want first and foremost, but as you say, providing access to all the options.

I have the opposite problem with dd - she adores Chase but also likes pink and purple, all the girls clothing has Skye on so we get her Paw Patrol stuff from the boys section. Shame there isn't more of a mix with both sexes all round really.

5minutestobed Tue 29-Nov-16 11:56:27

Smyth's toy shops sell the rescue bots characters and some playsets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now