Struggling for ideas for DM!

(8 Posts)
RedHouses Mon 28-Nov-16 10:46:17

My lovely DM is 56 and usually my easiest buy when it comes to Christmas presents but for some reason I'm really struggling this year. I'm hoping someone can help! My budget is £30-ish.

She's a cake maker but has so many books/decorating equipment that I wouldn't want to buy anything relating to this because she's probably already got it.

She likes leather bags, purses, gloves but i got her a Radley purse this year for her birthday and leather gloves last year (she has a few pairs now).

She likes scarves but again she has so many!

She doesn't drink but does like nice chocolates/sweet things.

She does like unusual homeware type things and was loving everything when we were in Anthropologie yesterday but it's so bloody expensive! They have 20% off at the moment but it still pains me to pay their prices.

She doesn't like getting bath/shower gift set type things and I'm really wary of buying people perfume/makeup for gifts as I'm picky myself and wouldn't like it.

Previous gifts I've got her are a Cath Kidston bag, afternoon tea vouchers for Betty's, cook books.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something she may like? Its starting to stress me out!

Sadik Mon 28-Nov-16 16:15:00

Really nice expensive warm tights or socks? Merino ones went down so well with my DM two years ago I'm going to replace this xmas!

Sadik Mon 28-Nov-16 16:18:37

Or if she wears jewellery, my heavy hints have been for something from this store (they're absolutely gorgeous, the photos don't really do them justice). I'm hoping for either this brooch or these earrings.

Francescaestee Mon 28-Nov-16 17:42:48

What about a lovely Emma Bridgewater piece, a personalised item like mug. That always makes a lovely gift

Ohtobeskiing Mon 28-Nov-16 17:50:33

I did a stocking for my dm last year - none of the items were particularly original ( earrings, paperback book, notecards, pretty ceramic dish, fancy tights, nail polish and emery boards etc) but I wrapped everything individually and she loved it.

elephantoverthehill Mon 28-Nov-16 18:29:37

If it's of any use I have just ordered my DM an ice cream maker. She lives on her own so it is just for her. She always buys the cream going cheap after Christmas to make ice cream.

perpetuallybewildered Mon 28-Nov-16 18:33:36

Is there a magazine she likes? Annual subscriptions are great value and she gets a gift every month.

Sunnydaysrock Mon 28-Nov-16 18:34:00

Amazon Fire tablet for £30 at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now