Talk

Advanced search

Christmas present from your boss. Would you prefer...

(81 Posts)
snowgirl1 Sun 27-Nov-16 18:46:12

I've got a team of 8 to buy for. Budget is about £20 per person. Would you prefer a bottle of Moet (which is normally £35, but has £10 off in Sainsburys and they're currently doing of 25% off if you buy six or more, so could get for within budget); or a gift card (is there anywhere doing good deals on gift vouchers?!); or something else??

Any suggestions gratefully received!

I8toys Sun 27-Nov-16 18:48:49

Gift card for amazon

OohhThatsMe Sun 27-Nov-16 18:49:01

Do they enjoy having a drink? If you know they do, then I'd go for the champagne as it's such a bargain. I often keep gift cards and forget I've got them.

theITgirl Sun 27-Nov-16 18:49:28

Moet. A gift card means trying to find something that you want from a particular shop that is either £20 or just over.

mydietstartsmonday Sun 27-Nov-16 18:49:35

Go for the Moët no comparison

weediculous Sun 27-Nov-16 18:49:44

Champagne. It's festive and not something I'd buy myself. Having said that, not everyone likes it - DH for example would rather have a beergrin

GeorgeTheThird Sun 27-Nov-16 18:50:04

I'd love the Moët. And if I didn't it would be a great gift for someone I knew.

Lotsofqueries Sun 27-Nov-16 18:50:48

Champagne more thoughtful than a voucher I think? Like you've put thought into it.

PoliticalBiscuit Sun 27-Nov-16 18:51:24

Moet. If they don't use it I'd had instant regift value anyway. I hate gift cards!

PoliticalBiscuit Sun 27-Nov-16 18:51:40

*it has instant

blueskyinmarch Sun 27-Nov-16 18:52:22

Champagne. No contest. Even if you don’t drink much you would likely have some event round Christmas or New year when you could share a bottle of fizz.

wowwee123 Sun 27-Nov-16 18:53:53

Id probs prefer a cheaper bottle or a spirit and some posh chocs. Hotel chocolat?

Foxsox Sun 27-Nov-16 18:55:04

Champagne
It seems such a luxury to get a gift like this. I think it would go down very well.
If they aren't big drinkers they could always regift as its such a good gift.

fluffiphlox Sun 27-Nov-16 18:55:07

Moët

snowgirl1 Sun 27-Nov-16 18:55:27

Thanks for the responses. I've always felt buying booze is such an impersonal present - was hoping Moet would feel like a bit of a 'treat' and sounds like it would be.

There's one Muslim guy in the team, so I'll probably buy an Amazon giftcard for him.

whirlwinds Sun 27-Nov-16 18:56:08

I hated getting gift cards from work, never used them and they were ALWAYS wasted money, I didn't live close to the centre it was connected to and if I was there never thought of the gift card. The Moet would be met with big smile though 😀

GinAndTeaForMe Sun 27-Nov-16 19:06:45

Moët is always the correct answer.

What to buy colleagues? Moët.
What to do this weekend? Moët.
What's the weather like? Moët.

maitaimojito Sun 27-Nov-16 19:09:34

I love my champagne and Moët would go down very well!

snowgirl1 Sun 27-Nov-16 19:11:01

Moet is always the correct answer grin grin grin

harderandharder2breathe Sun 27-Nov-16 19:24:17

A gift card! I rarely drink and when I do only drink spirits

Why not give them a choice?

CakeNinja Sun 27-Nov-16 19:28:42

id prefer a box of hotel chocolat personally, or a gift card. Moet to me is the a horrible champagne! But I'm clearly in the minority, and it's easy to regift.
I'll be getting an impersonal Christmas card from my boss though, so I'd take the champagne over that!

Herecomedanotherone Sun 27-Nov-16 19:31:14

Amazon Gift Card please. I rarely drink, never champagne and I would never give just a bottle of wine, champagne or otherwise as a gift. I'd feel a bit miffed that I'd been given what I perceive as an expensive gift that I couldn't use. I'd actually rather have nothing.

GlacindaTheTroll Sun 27-Nov-16 19:32:35

Booze is good - but only for those who you know drink alcohol.

Which may or may not fit with someone's religion, because level of observance can vary. And if course abstention may be nothing to do with religion anyhow (health, addiction/recovery (self or close family), or just don't like it much).

But very welcome for those who do!

PunkAssMoFo Sun 27-Nov-16 19:39:25

£10 amazon voucher and a decent bottle of prosecco would be the best of both worlds.

patchesmcp Sun 27-Nov-16 19:55:33

Gift card, ideally Amazon. Champagne would be wasted on me, as would most booze.

I think it's nice that your getting your team something by the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now