Recommendations for lights/hi vis cycling gear

(7 Posts)
Sellotapewillfixit Sat 26-Nov-16 20:43:57

For relative who uses Boris bikes in London. So basic lights are on the bike already, but was wondering about arm reflectors, helmets with lights, hi is rucksack or similar stuff?

Tiggles Sat 26-Nov-16 21:47:13

Not sure how much you want to spend but these Lezyne strip lights are brilliant. There are quick and easy to fix onto a bike - a rubber strap rather than a bike mounting.
Flashing LED arm bands are quite good as can be seen from the side of the bike we bought them in a Sports Direct store for 1.99 just googled and couldn't see them on their webpage but like this
Personally I wouldn't put a light on a helmet (although I know a lot of people do) they reduce the safety as they punch holes through the helmet if you land on your head on the light, which kind of negates the reason for wearing a helmet in the first place.

GooseFriend Sat 26-Nov-16 22:12:26

Aldi do great cycle lights - get a helmet one they flash in different patterns. On the more pricey end a white hi- vis is brightest and looks more chic.

KC225 Sun 27-Nov-16 07:59:43

It's got to be the glow in the dark bike balls from Firebox surely

gigglingHyena Sun 27-Nov-16 09:35:22

I know a few people who use the hump rucksac covers, waterproof & high viz.

Sellotapewillfixit Sun 27-Nov-16 20:34:43

Thanks everyone, great ideas

givemushypeasachance Mon 28-Nov-16 13:52:49

Second the flashing bands type recs - it's good to stick on your arm or at your ankle for extra visibility.

You can get hi-viz "snood" type scarves to keep your neck and ears warm, and things like gloves with reflective piping on. They're both good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now