Talk

Advanced search

The White Company "Winter" Candle- worth buying?

(9 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 26-Nov-16 10:44:19

I normally buy Yankee , but I haven't found one I like this year (and I've got some of my favourite ones in the burner melts)

I want a nice , statement candle in a glass container (for the safety aspect) .

I like the look of the 70 hour burn triple wick (it'll melt across the top quicker and I won't have to light it for hours and hours , so it should last all the festive season and beyond)

And , fgrin I have a 20% off (bought something from H&B) voucher , so that should save me a tenner.

So, for £40ish I could buy 2 large Yankee. Or with my 20% off, I'd get the £55 one for £40ish.

It's Christmas, twist my arm fgrin

<<If DH gives me the fhmm face, it'll cost less that his Christmas whisky and last longer/smell nicer/be healthier >>

missyB1 Sat 26-Nov-16 10:52:36

Now I normally buy the winter candle every year (the smaller £20 one). It's a beautiful Christmas smell, but last year I had a bad experience with it and it burnt down very quickly making a weird crackling sound and burnt the glass container. Probably just a dud I suppose but it has put me off this year.

bigredfireengine Sat 26-Nov-16 12:10:03

I have the large one each year- it used to vary between tall and wide but now just tall.

You have to trim the wick to stop the glass going black

Ohtobeskiing Sat 26-Nov-16 12:15:55

I always have one - love the smell and think the burning time is pretty good.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 26-Nov-16 13:39:57

bigred - I have a wick trimmer (well prepared me) fgrin

I'll buy one in the shop I reckon, have a good sniff first.

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 26-Nov-16 13:42:55

I'm pondering on whether to buy a White Company Candles instead of my usual Yankee. What's the throw like on them?

queenrollo Sat 26-Nov-16 15:56:17

I bought a Winter candle last year and I was disappointed. I didn't think it had a very good throw at all.
I don't like Yankee though as I find the scents too cloying.
My favourites are the True Grace ones.

winterisnigh Sat 26-Nov-16 16:16:23

well if you have a tx max or homesense near you try there - I was smelling some GORGEOUS scents in there the other day and no where near 40 mark.

really lovely christmas combos.

Tenpastlate Sat 26-Nov-16 16:19:21

I buy a Winter candle every year, I think they're quite good value with 20% off. They scent the room even when they're not lit.
You do have to trim the wick/s though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now