Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting for your 8 year old girl? ...

(13 Posts)
Tearsoffrustration Sat 26-Nov-16 08:50:58

I'm buying a present for charity Going to spend around £20.

Prizepudding Sat 26-Nov-16 09:00:38

My dd 8 has asked for Shopkins and Lego friends amongst other stuff. If buying for someone you don't know. I would go for Lego friends as it's probably more popular and you can get some great sets reduced at the moment.

Cagliostro Sat 26-Nov-16 17:26:56

DD is 9 but a young 9 IYSWIM, her favourite present for her birthday was a Lottie doll which are around £17.

Or something from Smiggle might be good as that's really popular

winterisnigh Sat 26-Nov-16 17:28:29

smiggle would be great, my dd loved a load of smiggle stuff she got for her bday...and you can get on line offers, do wait for offers as its pricey otherwise

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 26-Nov-16 17:33:07

To add to the above my little pony is popular here.

CountFosco Sat 26-Nov-16 17:57:11

I have a nearly 9 year old and a 7 year old. they are getting Lego Elves, a table football table, a wooden crossbow, binoculars, books, Harry Potter stuff.

DD1 went through the Bright Minds catalogue and and starred walkie talkies, a hammock, night vision torch, compass. DD2 is desperate for Heelys (she might get roller skates) and very sensibly a dressing gown.

Fivetoomany Sat 26-Nov-16 17:58:49

I got a letter writing set from smiggle, comes in a lovely little box for £10. Could add a small lego friends set. Would be a lovely gift for that age smile

LightsLoveLaughter Sat 26-Nov-16 17:59:38

Lego Elves is great. My DD loves the dragons.

Casablanca78 Sat 26-Nov-16 18:51:46

Agree you won't go wrong with smiggle. Dolls/MLP/girly Lego are hit and miss with my 8yo dd and her friends - some like, some don't!

FoxInABox Sat 26-Nov-16 23:05:50

Shopkins, match attacks, a nice watch, gel pens, lip balm kit and lip gloss truck

ppeatfruit Sun 27-Nov-16 08:51:08

We have a bookish 9yr old GD and she loved the Waterstones gift card\token we got for her last year so I'm thinking of doing the same this year, it's great because they sell all sorts of things and she can choose when to spend it etc.

Tearsoffrustration Mon 05-Dec-16 20:29:49

I got some smiggle stuff & a Lego elves set - fingers crossed she'll like them! 😀

Hersetta427 Tue 06-Dec-16 12:37:20

Good choice. My DD has just turned 9 and she wouldn't be caught dead playing with my little pony or any dolls but the only thing she put on her xmas list was a pencil case and stuff from smiggle !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now