Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No idea what to get for 2yo DD and 4yo DS - help!

(11 Posts)
midnightlurker Thu 24-Nov-16 09:51:00

They have all the toys they need - many passed on from friends etc. They have also just had birthdays where they got the last few bits they were interested in. So... they need nothing, but my DS at least will expect presents. I have picked up a couple of Paw patrol colouring books, some paint pens and some cartoon Spiderman DVDs. Now totally out of ideas and need to buy from us and both grandparents (they give us the money back, we buy and wrap!).

We already have a nice train set, duplo, puzzles and games, paint, craft stuff, Happyland houses and people, cars and a car mat, play food and cutlery, animals, bath toys, bikes and lots of books...

All suggestions gratefully received!

BoboBunnyH0p Thu 24-Nov-16 13:15:49

Magazine subscription.
Do you have an RSPB reserve close to you? My DS got the annual kids membership as a gift when he was 4 and I renewed it the following year (it's about £22) but he loves going and because he's a member don't need to pay the parking charge and he can do the crafts free. They also send a magazine quarterly, he loves getting post.
Dressing up costume.

Getnakedorgohome Thu 24-Nov-16 13:24:43

I bought my 4yo dd a watch this year , it's a 'first watch' with different colours to learn the timings. She also has a real mug and a set for her morning boiled egg and soldiers.

My 2 yo has pyjamas, brio, crayons, playdoh and a new plate, cup and bowl set.

Rosa Thu 24-Nov-16 13:35:51

I would stick with what you have got , put the money away in a savings accoun or similar for when they are bigger and really need the latest playstation or Wii or whatever. What you have got sounds great for them

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 24-Nov-16 14:23:25

Bit stereotypical, but Remote Control car for 4 year old boy and nice doll for 2 year old girl?

We have all the toys you describe and this is basically what mine would love and are getting in a round about way amongst other things.

NapQueen Thu 24-Nov-16 14:26:15

We have a 2yo ds and a 4yo dd and they are getting more wooden train track, an easel, some arts and crafts supplies and books.

Relatives are getting them Playmobil and board games.

holidaysaregreat Thu 24-Nov-16 14:31:19

A Vtech watch or camera
Playmobil
Yearly pass to somewhere
PJs/onesies
Magazine subscription
Orchard Toys board games e.g. greedy gorilla/supermarket game
Football
Umbrella

sglodion Thu 24-Nov-16 14:31:59

Toy kitchen? Trampoline for the garden? I got my 2 a tent between them last year, they play in it daily.

OohhThatsMe Thu 24-Nov-16 14:36:28

Have they got a dolls' house? It's something they could share and play with together.

OohhThatsMe Thu 24-Nov-16 14:36:28

Have they got a dolls' house? It's something they could share and play with together.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 24-Nov-16 15:26:47

Yy Playmobil, especially the camping/holiday stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now