Talk

Advanced search

Lego Minecraft - which set?

(3 Posts)
BiddyPop Thu 24-Nov-16 08:23:28

DNephew is big into Lego, and also minecraft. So we had thought about getting him minecraft lego - and then saw the price!!

Our budget is approx. £25 for each DNiece/DNephew, so I don't want to go overboard. But it seems such a small box for the price!! (One of his DSis's is getting a cosy hoodie from us, by way of example - which actually only cost half the budget as I got it in a stonkingly good offer - it's a good brand that the family normally loves and a colour the girl in question adores - but it will be a much bigger parcel).

I had though if the "Brick Friday" offers are good enough, to get both the Iron Golem and the Dungeon sets - but I am not sure the offers will be that good. Both are currently £20.

If you had to get one, or an 8 year old boy was getting one, which would be better of those 2?

Or is there a better idea that I could source over the internet? (My days of getting to shops are limited and there are no toy shops that I can easily access just now).

Thanks
Biddy

J3NN1 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:30:16

We have the iron golem one but it is tiny, all the Lego minecraft is. At 8 I think he is old enough to understand that the Lego costs more and you shouldn't worry that it looks smaller if it is something you think he will love. Chuck a selection box in too and you're sorted grin

Failing that, does he have access to a phone/tablet/iPod?
If so minecraft do a stop motion movie creator which looks amazing, down to £20 on amazon and you can get a couple of the blind boxes where the figures are the same size and he can create stop motion videos.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00RZ628O8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479983210&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=minecraft+stop+motion+movie+creator&dpPl=1&dpID=61v7Eh1368L&ref=plSrch

BiddyPop Thu 24-Nov-16 17:38:37

Thanks, I'll investigate that at home but seems promising

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now