Talk

Advanced search

Romantic Christmas Break - Suggestions Anybody?

(6 Posts)
Moonshine86 Tue 22-Nov-16 23:21:18

Hi all. I'm looking for some much needed advice / suggestions please? So with Christmas just around the corner, I have been trying to think of a nice gift for DH this year. I have recently given birth to DD (6months old) and yesterday we were talking about how it would be nice to feel more like a couple from time to time than just parents.

So I would really like to plan a nice night or maybe a weekend away somewhere romantic! Has anybody got any suggestions? Does anybody know of any tailored packages for couples that they would recommend?

Thanks X

2014newme Wed 23-Nov-16 13:31:59

Are you taking the baby
How far do you want to travel
How many nights
What's the budget
What do you mean by a tailored package for a couple?

Moonshine86 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:47:20

Hi there.

No baby.... Just the two of us.
I live in Somerset but distance not an issue if I came across somewhere special.
1/2 nights
Budget £400
Not sure what I meant really by tailored package, I just thought it would be nice to have a purpose of our visit... A spa or perhaps comedy show?

X

JamieFraserskneewarmer Thu 24-Nov-16 11:09:36

It depends on what you want to see really. There are a number of companies that run theatre type packages to London - I have used Show and Stay before. If you like comedy Book of Mormon is great if you aren't easily offended and The Play That Goes Wrong and Peter Pan goes wrong are also very funny. YMind you - with that budget you won't be staying in a hotel in central London so you'd need to get the tube or bus into the centre and you'd need to eat out cheaply if your budget is limited to £400 but a walk round the West End in the evening to see the lights is free and lovely (if it isn't raining!).

Is Bath too local? They have a great Christmas market, ice skating and the Christmas concerts at the Abbey are always beautiful.

NotAPuffin Thu 24-Nov-16 12:24:13

DH and I are going to Venice in early December. Airport parking, flights, transfers and 3 nights' accommodation for two for €380.

2014newme Thu 24-Nov-16 15:23:24

Oxford and Stratford on Avon are accessible from Somerset.
Cornwall or Devon cheaper that time of year would budget stretch to a night somewhere like the scarlet hotel for a night?
Centreparcs, they have a brilliant spa and lots of activities.
London, plenty of shows but would eat into your budget

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now