Talk

Advanced search

DS(4) wants a transformer (transporter?) that turns into a digger. Any ideas please?

(14 Posts)
JenniferYellowHat1980 Tue 22-Nov-16 19:29:28

I think he must have seen it on a TV ad at GPs but we mainly use Netflix so I have no idea what he means. Any suggestions please?

Believeitornot Tue 22-Nov-16 19:30:39

Transformer rescue bots?

DixieNormas Tue 22-Nov-16 19:33:57

Ds 4 who is nearly 4 said the same, turned out to be dinotrux dinosaurs that are construction things, might be worth a look.

Euripidesralph Tue 22-Nov-16 19:34:42

Boulder from rescue bots?

DrSeuss Tue 22-Nov-16 19:35:04

www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=transformers

JenniferYellowHat1980 Tue 22-Nov-16 19:35:54

Got it, thanks. It's boulder I think.

DixieNormas Tue 22-Nov-16 19:35:56

Or I think one of the Optimus prime transformers had a digger arm

SpringerS Tue 22-Nov-16 19:59:18

Boulder was who came to mind as soon as I saw the thread title. He's technically a bulldozer though in rescan mode (ie how to milk even more toys from the franchise mode) he can be a dump truck.

Misty9 Tue 22-Nov-16 21:10:15

Ooh, which ones turn into a fire truck and a boat please? Probably not the ones I've bloody ordered before this latest detail was volunteered...

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 22-Nov-16 23:29:06

Heatwave is the fire truck rescue bot - he also transform into a fire boat (that would be a separate toy) and High Tide is the boat.

SpringerS Tue 22-Nov-16 23:43:52

Heatwave also turns into a boat. It's his rescan mode. But none of the toys can be the robot, firetruck and boat. You'd have to buy both Heatwave toys to get both vehicles.

It's such a cynical toy selling strategy, like Paw Patrol constantly giving the pups new abilities/adding new characters every third episode. And Blaze turning from monster machine to race car when he jumps through a portal on new character Swoops. It's infuriating.

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 23-Nov-16 12:29:23

Yes it's like when they dinosaur mode for a series. We didn't bother with those, just the standard rescue bots with bulldozer, fire engine, police car and helicopter. I have got the female one for dd this Christmas.

Ds has wanted Optimus prime with a trailer like in the show for ages, instead of just a cab, finally found one this year!

Misty9 Wed 23-Nov-16 23:16:58

Are the rescue bots any good? They look a bit plasticky online...

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 23-Nov-16 23:47:28

My ds has had them a couple of years and they get played with a lot and ferried about by his toddler sister now too and I would say they are very robust, and good quality solid plastic and also easy to transform. They've never been frustrated with them. They were expensive but they have been a good buy. He got them aged 3 and they are still very much favourites at 5 1/2. My mum bought him one of the three step changer transformers aimed at older kids and the plastic on that was very brittle by contrast and fell to bits within weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now