Talk

Advanced search

Cheesy Xmas film recommendations please.

(13 Posts)
UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 22-Nov-16 14:25:03

I love me a proper cheesy, made for TV Christmas movie. grin

My favourite is probably Holiday in Handcuffs but have just seen a very good one called A Very Merry Mix Up.

I like a romance set in a snowy US town with lovely Christmas decorations and a happy ending.

I need many more to watch, what can you all recommend?

BiddyPop Tue 22-Nov-16 15:02:11

Find True Christmas (was True Movies until recently, goes back to that after Christmas) or Christmas 24 (was Movies 24) and they both have lots of those cheesy, "made for tv" type Christmas movies all day long. Lots of which involve middle America (or Canada) small towns, snow, some kind of scrooge-ish character, happy endings, the works!

Netflix also has a few seasonal ones to savour. (Not that I can remember any now).

I'm sure most of the other streaming companies have too (we don't have Love Film, Amazon Prime etc that you all have in the UK).

And I know I saw a Sky Cinema Christmas channel too - if you already have the movies on your sky subscription package (we don't - but some movie channels come up for free like True Christmas and Christmas 24).

HerGrapeness Tue 22-Nov-16 15:29:41

My absolute favourite is Single Santa Seeks Mrs Claus. It has a sequel too - Meets the Santas. Steve Guttenberg plays Santa. Possibly the worst films ever but I bloody them love. I'm pretty sure they get shown on one of the freeview christmas channels but not sure which.

youokayhun Tue 22-Nov-16 15:52:23

I've been watching these on true Christmas! However avoid Christmas shoes....if had me hysterically crying throughout and I felt horrific!

whensitmyturn Tue 22-Nov-16 16:49:48

I watched quite a nice one the other day, 'Guess whose coming for Christmas'
Will watch this thread with interest need lots to wrap in front of!

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 22-Nov-16 16:53:59

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been looking through Christmas24 and 5 which are showing Xmas movies but they all sound much the same (which of course they are)

I don't want to end up watching A Christmas Wish if I should've watched A Christmas Song instead grin

There needs to be somewhere that they are all rated on Cheese/Romance/Snow/Cute Kids/Puppies etc. so I could whittle them down.

CremeBrulee Tue 22-Nov-16 16:55:13

I saw a fantastically cheesy one last year called Mrs Miracle. It was sooo Christmastastic that I'm busy hunting down the sequel for this year!

SweetChickadee Tue 22-Nov-16 16:56:22

I love Christmas with the Kranks. ticks all your boxes OP grin

CremeBrulee Tue 22-Nov-16 16:57:38

There's a great one on C5 right now 'Naughty or Nice'. Cynical women moves to Candy Cane Lane where they take Xmas decorations seriously and then gets job as an elf in a department store where she finds Santa's naughty or nice list....

oldlaundbooth Tue 22-Nov-16 16:58:00

Home Alone

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

For some reason I like Fargo (the film) at Christmas hmm

KellyElly Tue 22-Nov-16 17:00:55

The holiday

Meandyouandyouandme Tue 22-Nov-16 17:02:04

I second Cristmas with the Kranks and National Lampoons, both very funny and festive, with great casts.

jojomii26 Fri 02-Dec-16 00:57:28

Ebbie A Christmas Story - a version of a christmas carol, cheesy but somehow I like it.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now