Talk

Advanced search

Birthday really close to Christmas!

(9 Posts)
nilbyname Tue 22-Nov-16 11:34:35

My DS has his birthday a few days before Christmas.
I have a load of presents to give him
It not sure what to give him for what. How would you split this...

New stunt scooter
Mario cart steering wheels and 3 games
Football goal
His teams football kit

He has a stocking an a couple of other small bits (books, games,toilitrees)

DH and I can't decide how to split and it's making my head hurt!

RTKangaMummy Tue 22-Nov-16 11:37:04

Does he have any football mad friends?

If so, give the football things birthday so he has opportunity to play with his friends cos they will be busy with their family over Christmas

BrieAndChilli Tue 22-Nov-16 11:40:08

My DS1 is 3 days before xmas.
I tend to split his presents depending on what going on so if we are away for xmas then he gets computer game for Birthday as he can then have a play on it whereas if he got it for xmas he would have to wait until we got home.
It also depends on what's his siblings have got for xmas so he might get the biggest thing for xmas so he's got similar to his brother and sister.

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 22-Nov-16 12:40:17

I have this and tend to give bigger things for birthday, as easier than having to match siblings if you want to give a bike etc.

It's nice to have something to take outside and play with on Christmas Day, too so scooter and goals should go one each.

I would split the football stuff to even it out (since we're only talking a few days) so:

Birthday: Scooter and football kit
Christmas: MarioKart and goals

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 22-Nov-16 12:42:51

Also I tend to give clothing etc as more for birthdays and toys/games as a Christmassy thing.

My dd is getting a bike and dressing up outfit for her birthday two days after Christmas and all sorts of plastic crap dolls and Lego etc for Christmas.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 22-Nov-16 12:44:03

DS2 is Christmas Eve!

I'd do the scooter and football kit for his birthday and the rest for Christmas.

DS1's birthday is 11 days before Christmas, if they were both getting bikes for their birthday they got them on his.

BiddyPop Tue 22-Nov-16 13:10:41

I'd be kind of inclined to go with action things for birthday, and indoor things for Christmas - more on the basis that he would probably have a chance to use the action things beforehand but is more likely to be indoors on Christmas day.

DD is Boxing Day, so we tend to give things related to hobbies for birthday presents and toys from Santa (and a set of clothes from us for Christmas). (And as she needed a replacement bike this year, we were going to give it for her birthday anyway, but they had a 6 week bicycle training course in school in September so that was given in advance - very unusually but she's fine with not getting anything on the day from us, knowing darn well that she'll get loads from others!).

Oogle Tue 22-Nov-16 13:28:18

Birthday:
New stunt scooter
Mario cart steering wheels and 3 games

Xmas:
Football goal
His teams football kit

nilbyname Tue 22-Nov-16 15:29:31

Thank you for all your sensible replies.

Goal and kit for Christmas
Scooter and Mario- birthday

Sorted grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now