Talk

Advanced search

Daddy/Daughter gift day? Ideas?

(14 Posts)
Sparkesx Tue 22-Nov-16 10:32:11

Morning All,

I have a particularly difficult other half to buy for! He doesn’t wear aftershave, he doesn’t like shower gels/body wash kits. He has the t-shirts/jackets that he likes in every single colour. He plays Xbox but has a million games he downloads online. I have the usual little bits but was thinking of getting him a daddy/daughter day as he loves spending time with his daughter. I haven’t yet met her but I know she likes peppa pig, paw patrol the usual two year old stuff.

Where can I get them a days pass for and what would they enjoy/where is there to go? I don’t have any children so have no clue! We’re midlands based if that helps?

Thanks.

Alfieisnoisy Tue 22-Nov-16 10:33:49

WhT a lovely idea. Yes agree it's ideal if he is otherwise hard to buy for.Am not in the Midlands so can't advise but there's bound to be someone here who can?

Thatwaslulu Tue 22-Nov-16 10:35:01

Hatton Country World?

swooosh Tue 22-Nov-16 10:36:36

peppa pig world tickets?

wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Tue 22-Nov-16 10:36:35

If he's willing to travel, Peppa Pig World in the SE might be a good thing to give them a couple of day tickets to?

ShowMeTheElf Tue 22-Nov-16 10:40:51

It's a nice idea but....if you haven't met her yet presumably it's quite a new relationship? I'm not sure how appropriate it is for you to be getting involved, albeit behind the scenes, in his relationship with his daughter at this stage. I think that you need to take your cues from him on this. When he wants you to be involved he'll introduce you.
Why not get an experience for the two of you instead?

CryingShame Tue 22-Nov-16 10:40:59

Maybe drayton Manor Park, where they have Thomas Land, or, depending on where you are in the Midlands, Alton Towers with CBeebies - Octonaut rides etc.

He could just take her to a zoo though, and get the same benefit from the day out.

KingsHeathen Tue 22-Nov-16 10:41:06

There's a Magical Lantern Festival on at Birmingham Botanical Gardens - probably perfect for that age.
Also, there's always a Christmas play for v small children on at the MAC in Cannon Hill Park.
Don't know which part of Midlands, but Birmingham is fairly easy to travel into, and to eat at child friendly people places.

Sparkesx Tue 22-Nov-16 10:50:24

showmetheelf yeah, were relatively new but he plans to introduce me soon. I don't plan on going with them but I know he enjoys days out with her. I have got us a weekend spa break for his birthday on January 3rd... I'm lost for options really!

Sparkesx Tue 22-Nov-16 10:55:42

Peppa pig is the perfect idea, such a shame it's miles away! sad

[b]KingsHeathen[/b] thank you!

KingsHeathen Tue 22-Nov-16 11:26:42

The MAC show this year is the bear- looks gorgeous, but recommended 3+, so depends how 2 she is! Some are v good at following stories though so depends on her.
The town Hall has What the Ladybird Heard- that's really good, took my DS previously.

Giselaw Tue 22-Nov-16 11:28:37

Look at your local theatre listings for children's programs - some puppet shows may be appropriate for that age?

I'd think more of a 'rainy day' hamper basket... maybe some play doh thing, colouring book (ours use to love colouring with daddy at that age), mrs potato head, a DVD, some treats, and a bottle of gin or nice wine for him to have in evening?

Also this website does lovely Daddy/kid matching shirts of Pint/Half pint...they also have different themes

MigsSlippers Tue 22-Nov-16 12:15:37

YY to local theatre listings. We thought Twycross was good with little ones. Cadbury World to Peppa Pig world is 2h20 so it may be doable depending on where you are. Alternatively passes to a local petting farm.

But I agree a "day in" game & dvd kind of thing might be better. The day out he might interpret as you angling for an invitation.

ChipIn Tue 22-Nov-16 13:24:57

I live overseas so can't offer any suggestions I'm afraid but I think this is a lovely idea. I hope you find somewhere smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now