We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What will your elf be doing this year?

(15 Posts)
AdmiralCLingus Mon 21-Nov-16 22:15:43

Holly has been with us for four Christmases now and has run out of ideas! What will your elf be up to this festive season?

Bobsmum02 Tue 22-Nov-16 09:40:44

We are having our first year with our elf. So far I am going to cross masking tape across DD's bedroom door frame with the elf stuck in the middle with a sign saying 'Elf at work'. She is 10 though so she'll see the funny side when she wakes up lol!

BiddyPop Tue 22-Nov-16 13:05:29

We don't do it.

But ideas I've seen include making a snowball fight between the Elf and other toys using cotton wool balls.

Having a tea party using the play teaset and jellies/biscuits.

Bringing marshmallows and canned whipped cream for hot chocolate and a movie night.

Bringing the paper for writing the letter to Santa.

Bringing a note about going through your toys to see if any are broken or you don't play with anymore, to make room for anything Santa might bring.

Having tickets for panto/local events/ice-skating etc.

"Teaching" the toys a lesson, having set up a classroom in the playroom.

Having a car race with the dolls in the playroom.

I hope there's something there you haven't done before - I'm sure there'll be loads along soon with better ideas.

Maryann1975 Tue 22-Nov-16 13:59:09

What will our elf be doing this year.... well, she will NOT be arriving on the 1st December as she has done for the past few years. It's just too long to be thinking of things for the bloody thing to do and honestly, I think I'm turning into a bit of a grump, by the time the kids go to bed I haven't the energy for making up scenes with the elf. (This will be the fifth time she has been to us though, the first few years were really fun, I now see it as more of a chore). Sorry children, I'm sue you will forget she was late once the tree is up and she actually does arrive, maybe around the 7/8/9th of December.

PinkiePiesCupcakes Tue 22-Nov-16 14:00:44

Same thing she did last year.... Staying in the fucking loft.

idontlikealdi Tue 22-Nov-16 14:01:00

I we have eddy. He will arrive on the 21st December this year!

Sunshine59 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:25:20

This will be the first year we have an elf, looking to get lots of ideas

BiddyPop Tue 22-Nov-16 14:56:35

OOohhh, I thought of 1 more!
Saturday or Sunday morning (as in, a quiet relaxed weekend morning for a family breakfast), Elf is in the kitchen wearing a "chef's hat" (one of those collars for putting on racks of lamb?) or a doll's apron or similar, hand on the frying pan or oven tray, and other hand on pancake mix or croissants you roll out and bake at home, or similar.

See, me, I'm full of great ideas for joy and merriment - knowing I will NEVER have to put them into operation....mwahahahaha!!! fgrin

Guitargirl Tue 22-Nov-16 21:16:31

This will be the sixth year the Elf has been with us for Christmas (or elves I should say as we have boy elf and girl elf). I am also totally out of ideas now. Will probably end up rehashing stuff we've done in previous years.

One thing the elf definitely won't be doing is putting pants on the tree. DD just looked really confused and kept talking about how disgusting the elf was. One new thing we'll do - the elves will be playing the piano one morning - some Christmas carols which I'll print off and will then make the DCs learn fgrin. I might get them swinging from the ceiling or something as they haven't been acrobatic at all yet but will have to enlist DP into that as am too short to reach our ceilings.

HenryCatPic Tue 22-Nov-16 22:12:54

I'm dreading our elf arriving. The dc are convinced he came on the 25th of November last year and will be arriving at the weekend. No blooming way.

The one we won't be repeating is elf painting my nose black. Firstly the youngest woke up just after Dh had finished the painting. I obviously couldn't see him so he was hysterical. Then when he woke in the morning my black nose completely freaked him out. Was not a success

Chocolatecake12 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:16:32

Have a look on Pinterest there's loads of ideas there.
Our elf will arrive on the first Dec with advent calendars.
Last year the elf took a trip to grandmas and she posted pictures of him doing silly stuff at her house! Ds thought it was hilarious!!

WalterWhitesNipple Tue 22-Nov-16 22:17:54

tagging along to the pub and getting pissed.

i should probably add i don't have children.grin

topcat2014 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:19:22

Elves on the shelf scare me as much as clowns runs

AdmiralCLingus Tue 22-Nov-16 22:23:52

Oooh sending it to nannies for a while might be a good plan!

guitar I bought a lantern and a basket and Holly flew in via "elf air" last year

Guitargirl Tue 22-Nov-16 22:29:00

Ooo - am loving the elf version of a hot air balloon

<wanders off to EBay>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now