The difficult tween age - 12 year old boy gifts

(11 Posts)
soyvanillalatte Sun 20-Nov-16 15:46:42

I'm after any ideas for a 12 year old boy.
He has more lego that Windsor and we don't have room for any more nerf. He is at the difficult age where he still likes toys but is pre teen.
Likes: rugby, nerf/lego, stuffed toys, etc, comics, batman
Dislikes or we don't have: football, remote anything , gaming.

So difficult - what are your giving your 12 year old boy this year?

soyvanillalatte Sun 20-Nov-16 15:56:53

THAN Windsor, wish there was an edit feature

redsky21 Sun 20-Nov-16 16:09:41

Does he have a smart phone? I've got mine a Stikbot zanimation kit, you download an app and use the figures to make animations. Have got a couple of other little bits but I'm really struggling too.

ParadiseCity Sun 20-Nov-16 16:14:36

My almost 12 DS wants every item of clothing and footwear that Nike and Adidas have ever made. Plus an iPhone 7.

Away from his list and back in reality land... I'm not sure what we will get him. Maybe a TV for his room as have always held out on that until now.

soyvanillalatte Sun 20-Nov-16 16:15:06

Thanks, I will have a look at those! smile

soyvanillalatte Sun 20-Nov-16 16:15:58

Clothes, yes...I think some graphic tees for a start smile

I8toys Sun 20-Nov-16 16:18:51

Mine is obsessed with Pokémon - so he's having 3DS moon and sun games and pokemon headphones. Got him a Steam controller and Steam Giftcard so he can play games on the PC and connect to the TV. We love games to take out when we go away for the weekend - so have got Exploding Kittens expansion pack, emoji card game. Got a emoji pillow that turns into a neck pillow as we do a few trips in the car to Europe. Nintendo NES gaming system. Chupa Chups 200 lollies on a wheel. Various board games - Bounce off rock and roll, Accentuate, Dig In, Speak Out, Uno Bandit game. New washbag and toiletries for his school trip to London.

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 20-Nov-16 16:29:41

My 12yo DS is having:
Laptop
Accessories for the laptop (case, wireless mouse etc)
Books (The Book Thief, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, A Guide to Shakespeare)
Tickets to see the RSC live broadcast of The Tempest
Smellies

beatricequimby Sun 20-Nov-16 16:46:58

Football boots
Board game - Risk, Monopoly Empire or something else
Books - Phillip Pullman, Adrian Mole
A Sam Stern cookery book

thesockgap Sun 20-Nov-16 17:44:46

My 12 year old boy made a "draft" list the other week which consisted entirely of about 10 video games at around £40 a pop!!! He's had a rethink today and crossed a few games off his list and replaced them with other stuff like books (he likes the Tom Gates, Middle School type series) and clothes - Adidas and North Face are big hits, JD Sports are fairly reasonable for them. He also wants Pop Vinyl figures, a couple of DVDs, jeans and shinpads. So, no "big" main present but plenty of stuff for him to open.

4forksake Sun 20-Nov-16 19:06:00

What about a few nano blocks as stocking fillers. Smaller than Lego & you can get all sorts of things to build from drum kits/guitars to Tower of London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now