gift idea for 18 yr old girl?

(12 Posts)
ssd Sun 20-Nov-16 13:22:26

what can I get ds's girlfriend? shes a lovely girl, student

I have boys and have no clue!!

budget £25

recklessgran Sun 20-Nov-16 13:31:04

Ask DS if she is into anything?
If not, I would probably go down the Lush/fluffy socks/naice Paperchase notebook line.

Bluemoon49 Sun 20-Nov-16 19:20:52

Best bet would be to ask DS what she is into.

But based on her age, I would say the best sort of gifts to get would be:
Gift sets containing nice shower gel/body lotion/hand cream Perfume/body spray
Fluffy slippers
Scarf
Purse
Gift Card

And the best places to get the above things from would be::
New Look
Miss Selfridge
River Island
Fat Face
Jack Wills
Hollister
The Body Shop

bigredfireengine Sun 20-Nov-16 19:34:06

I wouldnt get toiletries type gift sets or Lush unless you know that she uses them . My DD is allergic to Lush (and not much else) and she get loads every year which is very frustrating.

Benefit make up?

Ask him what she uses, that would be best.

ErrolTheDragon Sun 20-Nov-16 19:41:46

Ssd - girls may like some of the same things as boys, you know! By student, do you mean she lives away from home? If so, something like nice mugs always come in handy. But best to ask your ds for advice.

Benefit or Urban Decay set
Candle
Fairy lights
Voucher for the two of them to go for a meal

ssd Sun 20-Nov-16 21:17:39

I asked ds, he doesnt know!!

shhhgobacktosleep Mon 21-Nov-16 00:19:00

If your son doesn't know I'd go down the route of a few smaller things - a pretty going out purse, fluffy socks, chunky knit scarf, a magazine subscription (my dd loves hers as couldn't justify buying her own mags that she loves, now she's a student).

I'd avoid makeup and toiletries as from experience of dd & many nieces they are very particular as to what they will and won't use.

WyfOfBathe Mon 21-Nov-16 00:26:56

Nice candles? (unless she's staying in halls, they might not allow them)

Gift card for New Look, H&M, Debenhams (or one that can be spent in any of the shops at your local shopping centre)

Bottle of wine, if she drinks

If she's living away from home, then maybe something to decorate her room (e.g. big blanket/throw or photo frames)

Scarf

ssd Mon 21-Nov-16 13:02:29

thanks

I think a chunky knit scarf from maybe new look or top shop might do the trick, will check these places out later

ErrolTheDragon Mon 21-Nov-16 13:07:02

New Look usually has a good selection of socks too, it's one of the things my DD gets for her friends.

HammersWidow Mon 21-Nov-16 13:08:07

Bottle of disaronno!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now