Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where could I look for a hand knitted jumper?

(5 Posts)
Eve Sat 19-Nov-16 10:10:10

DS favours the 'scruffy' vintage look and has said he would really like a baggy hand knitted jumper.

Unfortunately I lost my mum a few months ago, she would have made one for him.

Where is best to look/order one from a home knitter.

Would prefer to choose wool/pattern? Anyone know of home knitters who take orders?

RoganJosh Sat 19-Nov-16 10:11:16

I'd look on Etsy. I'd filter by Uk sellers.

CathFizz Sat 19-Nov-16 11:38:21

In the town where I live there is a wool/knitting shop, maybe there is one near you. It would be a good starting point. Or put a add in your local paper asking for someone to knit on for you??

CarrotVan Sat 19-Nov-16 14:10:19

How much are you prepared to spend? Realistically a man's oversized jumper is going to be 35 hours plus depending on weight of yarn, size of man and complexity of pattern. At minimum wage that would be rather a lot of money plus materials cost. Expect to pay a hefty deposit up front - 50% plus materials

You might be better looking for a machine knitter who will hand finish the seams rather than fully hand knitted - cheaper but still not cheap. Try knitting machine shops. Or learn to knit and make one for Christmas 2017!

MrsHathaway Sat 19-Nov-16 14:31:38

I second asking in a knitting shop. The owner might do these to order or know someone who does. You could choose the yarn in the shop - the staff would tell you what sort as you can't pick just anything.

Budget three figures though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now