Talk

Advanced search

Advent calendar bits for toddler

(12 Posts)
QuilliamCakespeare Fri 18-Nov-16 07:08:36

I've bought a wooden advent calendar from Aldi for my toddler and could do with some inspiration on what to fill it with. I'll do a few chocolatey bits but don't want to fill him with sugar every day he's bonkers enough without it. The drawers are quite small so I need fairly compact things but ideally not to fill my house with too much plastic crap. So far I've come up with... stickers. Help!

HotChocolate2016 Fri 18-Nov-16 07:12:18

Raisins

Raisins covered in yog

lozengeoflove Fri 18-Nov-16 07:16:29

How about few food treats like rice cakes, organix biscuits (all can be wrapped with cling film and tissue paper?). Also a few notes with an activity you could do together: feeding the ducks, painting, baking.
I need to start putting together an advent calendar for my toddler too and hide the emergency Paw Patrol chocolate one

QuilliamCakespeare Fri 18-Nov-16 19:27:35

Great ideas, thanks!

Leeds2 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:30:51

One of those character flannels that expands in the bath.
A superball.
Toy car.
A packet of sticky shapes or glittery stars to do a craft activity.

Lalunya85 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:32:58

Does it have to be edibles only?

I am planning to do a similar one (bought mine from lidl!). I'm thinking chocolates on Sundays, the rest of the days it'll be little baby biscuits, maybe a walnut, but also little gifts like a whistle, a pencil, a little car...

Heirhelp Fri 18-Nov-16 19:58:56

If something is too big for the draw can you just put in a note saying looking in front of.... And leave the gift there.

glorious Fri 18-Nov-16 20:02:58

Yes and I'd add bubbles

QuilliamCakespeare Fri 18-Nov-16 21:48:45

Nope, definitely happy to have non-edibles. Cars would go down well, he's obsessed with anything with wheels. Thanks, these are really helpful.

gigglingHyena Sat 19-Nov-16 12:11:15

Crayola do some mini pens which are quite good, could put in one a day.
The stamper pens are fun too although perhaps to long for the draws.

Christmas shaped cutters, again could get a pack and put in one a day to use with biscuit dough or play doh.

yummycake123 Sat 19-Nov-16 21:07:59

Would a Thomas Mini fit in the drawer? My DS (3) loves them; they are £2 each so you could put one or two?

katienana Sat 19-Nov-16 22:26:30

What about putting clues in the drawer and then hunting for the gift, you won't be restricted on size then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now