Talk

Advanced search

Christmas eating out.

(7 Posts)
ghostspirit Thu 17-Nov-16 10:06:43

I was thinking about having Xmas dinner out. Or maybe Xmas eve or boxing day. I'm looking for somewhere family/kiddie friendly. And reasonable price. I like havester normally but there is not much choice on the menu. I'm in southeast london. Any suggestions thanks

AndShesGone Thu 17-Nov-16 10:13:47

Depends on what the reasonable price is. The Station pub in Hither Green is doing Christmas Day food at £60 I think. It's cheaper on days before and after Christmas though.

I've not seen anywhere cheaper than that for Christmas Day itself but an Indian restaurant might be?

ghostspirit Thu 17-Nov-16 10:28:35

I will look at that and yes price wise that's why I said about the 3 days. Havester is 17.99 on Xmas eve but then 34 on Xmas day. Might have to cook. Hate cooking

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 17-Nov-16 10:29:58

Wetherspoons?

ghostspirit Thu 17-Nov-16 10:55:46

Just had a thought there might be alot if drunknown people in theses places
I go havester quite often and sometimes weather spoons. It's normally people having a meal and a couple of drinks. I'm just thinking as it's Xmas people might drink more and more likely be drunk...maybe I'm over thinking.

Thank you I will googlet weather spoons

ofudginghell Thu 17-Nov-16 11:05:53

I wouldn't expect a lot for the lower end price on the market if I were you.
It's something we've always thought about but come to the conclusion that for less than £60 a head (there's five of us)wouldn't be an enjoyable meal and from the £60 bracket upwards just seems like such a huge amount of money for one lunch.

Sainsburys christmas food looks fab this year and their pre done and prepared veg in lovely sounding butters and glazes are in my order as I'm feeding 12 so am making life easier. Il cool the beef the night before to free up space and cook a small turkey crown xmas day morning before the veg just needs to be put in.
It can be as easy or hard as you make it and I've had years where it's taken up a lot of time that I want to spend with the dc and dh having a nice time.
I have heard Lidl and also xmas food is good this year too

ghostspirit Thu 17-Nov-16 11:15:42

Yeah I probably won't bother eating out. The menu does not have much choice either really. At home it is then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now