Talk

Advanced search

Aldi wooden advent calendar

(12 Posts)
PinotAndPlaydough Wed 16-Nov-16 21:49:40

Did anyone else get this? The draws are sooo tiny. I'm struggling to find things to fit in them. Any got ideas of tiny things for two girls aged 5 & 3? So far I've managed some hair clips which only just fit and some tiny chocolate coins. I don't really want chocolate every day but I've drawn a blank.

Bertucci Wed 16-Nov-16 21:53:32

They had sold out when I went in, but others have said to me that the drawers are too small so I am not bothered now.

Babyiwantabump Wed 16-Nov-16 21:53:58

Because the drawers are so tiny I'm having the same problem so I was thinking of writing a note with a clue as to where the treat for that day is so then it won't end up being just chocolate every day.

Like a treasure hunt

PinotAndPlaydough Wed 16-Nov-16 21:57:53

Treasure hunt is a good idea, it's such a pity the draws are tiny because otherwise it's lovely. My mum got it for them and they are really excited about it.

Mrsmadevans Wed 16-Nov-16 22:05:54

I bought the advent calender with the beautiful bracelet in from there (Aldis) and have the bracelet in the first drawer and a charm or two in the other drawers . I figured it was better than choc or anything else and the bracelet and charms are lovely

pineappleeyes Wed 16-Nov-16 22:08:27

Yes I got the light up cream coloured one.
I'm putting notes in to find a treat somewhere. Some drawers with have a chocolate in & I'm also putting notes in with different activities in like a family trip to the ice cream parlour or an afternoon of baking or making Christmas cards etc.

Kazza202002 Sat 26-Nov-16 09:24:55

Anybody got any new ideas? Struggling to think of new ideas!!

pineappleeyes Sun 27-Nov-16 08:53:14

What have you put in so far kazza?

derektheladyhamster Sun 27-Nov-16 08:57:13

Stickers, Lego mini figure, temporary tattoos?

chanie44 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:17:57

That's why I've avoided wooden advent calendars so far. I really want to get them, but the drawers on the ones I've seen are way too small to be useful.

How about
Money
Pencil eraser toppers

namechangealerttt Sun 27-Nov-16 12:44:53

You can use the notes I have made in this downloadable calendar smile

www.bit.ly/calendardownload

Kazza202002 Sun 27-Nov-16 23:31:23

Chocolate coins, sweets, rubbers, money, little chocolate santas??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now