Talk

Advanced search

Those little votive candles...

(10 Posts)
Greenteandchives Wed 16-Nov-16 17:58:31

There are a lot of these around. Yankee especially. I mean the little ones, about 4" tall shaped like a flower pot. Surely these need a holder, and then the holder would be no use once there is a pool of wax in the bottom once they are burnt down.
So why aren't they sold in a holder? Sorry I may be missing something here, but what is the point of them? confused

Justmuddlingalong Wed 16-Nov-16 18:00:48

You just wash them out and reuse the holders.

PipersPiping Wed 16-Nov-16 18:00:52

Well there's hardly any wax left when they burn out, once that's happened i put boiling water in the holder and after a few minutes the little bit of remaining wax comes off with the little metal wick base thingy easily.

Keepingupwiththejonesys Wed 16-Nov-16 18:03:11

I got a holder for a pound then once the candle is done with there's a tiny bit of wax and the metal bit of the wick left. I just chip it out then put a new one in

Greenteandchives Wed 16-Nov-16 18:29:13

Okay thanks. I will look for some holders to use with them. There seemed to be none in the shop I was in, just the candles.

the yankee ones leave very little wax behind and just the metal wick holder usually. i have the same votive holders my son bought me a few years ago, i just knock out the metal piece and resuse and wash them when they need it

SilverNightFairy Thu 17-Nov-16 03:58:38

You can also had a small amount of water to your candle holder. The left over wax pops right out.

flapjackfairy Thu 17-Nov-16 09:04:21

Also putting them in fridge to go cold makes wax come out in one piece most of the time

thingsthatgoflumpinthenight Thu 17-Nov-16 10:36:58

Slightly off topic but I always find the scent of a votive to be pretty weak compared with other types of candle. The votives I had left have all now been cut in half and used in an electric wax melt thing and the scent it loads stronger.

eyebrowsonfleek Thu 17-Nov-16 11:34:21

I bought official Yankee Candle Votive holders in Poundland last summer. The remaining wax comes out very easily once it's cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now