What to put in DH's advent calendar?

(16 Posts)
mallyboo Wed 16-Nov-16 12:21:58

Please help! Have attached a picture for size reference. The drawers are fairly small and I'm struggling for how to fill them!

Every third day will be a chocolate, as per tradition. I'd like to think of some tiny gift ideas for the rest.

So far I've got festive socks, a massage voucher (I'm the masseuse) and a tiny picture frame with a picture of us. He doesn't drink so alcohol is a no-go. Men are so tricky!

Any ideas MN elves?

PJBanana Wed 16-Nov-16 12:52:40

A couple of ideas off the top of my head: money clip, cuff links, shoe polish, some nice mini toiletries...

HRarehoundingme Wed 16-Nov-16 12:54:47

Formcard

7SunshineSeven7 Wed 16-Nov-16 12:54:59

-Cufflinks? Funny ones, not super expensive ones.
-Does he like star wars? You can get a Death Star ice cube mold: www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Star-Wars-Silicone-Tray/dp/B008D19K1S
-Does he like gaming? You could get something like this... www.firebox.com/Game-Boy-Cartridge-Soaps/p6245
-How about a ticket to let him choose what you order in for tea?
-Could you fit a Pop!Doll in there? Find one he might like?
=A pack of the beanboozle game?
-Stress ball thing? You can get some funny ones.
-This thing is pretty cool: www.menkind.co.uk/wallet-ninja?responseId=97cf4fd6-b99f-46d5-b6ec-6d576e13ea7b
-This bottle opener is cheap and pretty cool to have on keys even if he doesn't drink: www.amazon.co.uk/Shaped-Bottle-Opener-Keyring-Keychain/dp/B00RPW95FW/ref=pd_lpo_198_lp_img_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HJGHQF8W6GV39TKPK88X
-Would he appreciate a small Yankee Candle? Like the tealight ones?

Don't know if these will fit/or if they're a little too expensive but I tried my best! I love anything like this as you can probably tell grin

thingsthatgoflumpinthenight Wed 16-Nov-16 13:41:09

Pick up a few little mini sample bottles of aftershave from make up counters in one of the big department stores?

Leeds2 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:47:39

Lottery ticket.

Individual hot chocolate sachet.

Small roll of sellotape.

Book of stamps.

Pack of cards.

Ifailed Wed 16-Nov-16 13:49:00

print out the operating instructions for the washing machine, dryer, iron and hoover. That's 4 days covered.

TeaMeBasil Wed 16-Nov-16 13:51:42

A lego figure?

TeaMeBasil Wed 16-Nov-16 13:53:33

Like one of the superhero type ones? My 40yr old DP would love that but he's a big kid grin

RepentAtLeisure Wed 16-Nov-16 14:25:34

A little nanoblock set might fit?

wheatchief Wed 16-Nov-16 17:23:58

Slightly random but:

hand sanitiser (body shop do satsuma, that makes it Christmassy, right?)
Mini jam/marmalade
Energy gel, if he cycles
Keyring torch
Travel card holder
Lip balm in a suitably manly flavour

mallyboo Wed 16-Nov-16 20:17:06

Some brilliant suggestions! Thank you. Will be spending some time on Amazon tonight.

LumelaMme Wed 16-Nov-16 20:19:38

I've got mine a box of brussels sprout party poppers for this stocking.

Does he cook? If so, kitchen-related things might work: small packets of odd spices, kit to make (non-alcoholic) Christmas punch.

Davros Wed 16-Nov-16 20:37:44

M&s do a pack of Belgian chocolate squares, there are 24 of them. You could buy a pack and put one in each drawer, in the right order to spell "merry christmas" or one of their chocolate Brussels sprouts in each drawer. Plus other stuff of course

KC225 Thu 17-Nov-16 01:01:35

Bacon lip salve from amazon

LauraPalmersBodybag Thu 17-Nov-16 01:40:11

Scratch cards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now