Talk

Advanced search

Writing Paper for letters FROM Santa

(18 Posts)
Vegangelist Wed 16-Nov-16 10:40:03

Help please! I have looked high and low, can't find any I like. I am after some pretty, maybe glossy, fancy writing paper that Santa might write on to send my kids a letter or two throughout December. There are a few on Amazon but they are a bit charmless for children, imho. e.g. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FK1O4YM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1VDYWMGG8ONOA or www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0189IJ528/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1J6GGPKQ721BV. I've been to The Range, no joy. Any suggestions?

Bobsmum02 Wed 16-Nov-16 12:38:25

Hobby craft do a thick embossed type paper with a slight shimmer to it. I'm planning on using it for Santa letters after originally using it for wedding place settings!

AmyC86 Wed 16-Nov-16 12:52:33

Why don't you get someone to write the letters for you?

One year, my SIL got our aunt to write to her Daughter so that she didn't recognise the writing. You could even get another Mumsnetter to do it!

Vegangelist Wed 16-Nov-16 16:30:42

Thanks, Bob, I looked at Hobbycraft online and couldn't see for sure if they had what I wanted - I shall make the effort to get to the shop then.
Amy, I plan to print out a little note maybe daily, depending on what I manage to think up, and reference what they've been up to the day before, or plans for the next day, (may tail off!!!), so your plan, though lovely, isn't timely enough. But thank you. I'm really just after some nice paper that looks like it came from the North Pole, that I can use in the printer.

redexpat Wed 16-Nov-16 17:37:54

Can i go all 21st century on you? There is an app called portable north pole which you can use to create personalised short films from santa. The app is free but some of the films with more personalisation cost a few pounds.

PipersPiping Wed 16-Nov-16 18:03:48

The nspcc to lovely letters from santa, you make a donation and create a personalised letter online.

Bobsmum02 Wed 16-Nov-16 18:19:27

Red you've just reminded me about portable North Pole...must do one of those this year as my son is obsessed with the idea of Santa watching him (through the alarm sensor 😂) so I'm sure he'd love it!!

Vegangelist Wed 16-Nov-16 18:31:08

Thanks, Red, I already do the videos, and DS loved it last year. Just wanted a little extra something.

PP, those nspcc ones are lovely - but I want to be able to completely write my own content, not only tiny bits of it.

PipersPiping Wed 16-Nov-16 20:42:17

Its a lovely idea, my kids would suss me out though!

Vegangelist Wed 16-Nov-16 21:57:11

Why/how?! How old are they? My eldest is six, I think I can get away with it this year.

actiongirl1978 Thu 17-Nov-16 15:20:15

I googled and got some templates off the internet for free. Changed the font to look fancy and used a snowflake and Xmas tree cutter around the outside, then gently prit sticked glitter over santas autograph. 8yr old delighted!

ginauk84 Thu 17-Nov-16 15:32:25

What about the Royal Mail one?
www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/free-santa-letter-video?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=15-Nov-16-16778157&utm_campaign=nt-oneliners-one&utm_content=7#letter

Free letter from Santa

Smiley Santa
Many companies charge up to a tenner a time to reply to kids' letters to Father Christmas. Yet if you apply to Royal Mail, you can get a response from Santa for free (well, the cost of a stamp).

What to do

Ask your child - or you can do it if they're too young - to write a letter to Father Christmas and send it to Royal Mail's special address (below) before the deadline, which is Friday 9 December 2016.

Your little 'un should receive a personally-addressed reply before Christmas Eve.

What to include in the letter

In addition to anything your kiddie wants to tell Santa, ensure they include their name, gender (for example, "I've been a good boy/girl this year") and a reply address.

A list of what they'd like for Christmas would be good too, but remember this doesn't have to include material objects!

A gentle note We received emails from disgruntled MoneySavers a few years back after Royal Mail failed to reply to many letters. It's since taken steps to make the process more efficient and for the last couple of years it's worked fine.
Royal Mail says it can't guarantee a reply, so while this is a nice freebie, it's not a definite.

Where to send it

Pop it in the post with a 1st or 2nd class stamp (remember the deadline's Fri 9 Dec), addressed to: Santa/Father Christmas, Santa's Grotto, Reindeerland, XM4 5HQ

Vegangelist Wed 23-Nov-16 13:15:55

Thanks everyone. I got some shiny paper from Hobbycraft that will suffice. I will cope a letterhead for it, then print my own letters. I wanted to write my own, not fill in small bits here and there.
Also signed up already for PNP, yay!

Vegangelist Wed 23-Nov-16 13:17:07

AG78, loving the cutters idea - I will absolutely steal that! Thank you!

WiseOwlLady Wed 23-Nov-16 13:18:50

I love portable North Pole.

BroomstickOfLove Wed 23-Nov-16 13:19:59

I use parchment paper and seal the envelope with gold sealing wax with a holly leaf stamp.

ryderandthepups Wed 23-Nov-16 13:20:16

I found a lovely one on Not On The High Street.

Vegangelist Fri 25-Nov-16 00:30:35

ryder, link?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now