Talk

Advanced search

Baby Safe Christmas 2016

(8 Posts)
Kpo58 Wed 16-Nov-16 08:48:50

This year I'm hosting Christmas at home (in a tiny house). There will be a 8 month old and a very mobile 14 month old attending.

I really need suggestions on how to decorate my house in a way that won't be hazardous to the babies.

I've heard that paper decorations might be the way to go. Has anyone seen shops that sell them?

atticusclaw2 Wed 16-Nov-16 08:51:24

When ours were that age we used an artificial tree which was about 5ft and we put it on our coffee table. it was the perfect height to make it just out of reach of little arms. It was also quite handy for putting the presents under.

Other than that we didn't change anything.

Mummyshortlegz Wed 16-Nov-16 08:53:22

I have a 14 month old. The only thing I'll do this year is make sure there are no low decorations on the tree aside from big safe ones. It will be in a play pen. I have bought a hobby craft felt Christmas tree that my 3.5 year old and 14 month old will have in the playroom for them to take the decorations on and off of.

Kpo58 Wed 16-Nov-16 08:59:09

I don't have a coffee table or the space for a playpen.

Would a small tree on the dining table work?

DonkeyOaty Wed 16-Nov-16 09:05:23

Where will the tree go whilst you're eating? Have a think about how easy it would be to move it; non-breakable ornaments on it.
Order some Christmas bunting.

Mummyshortlegz Wed 16-Nov-16 09:10:28

How long will they be there?

Kpo58 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:17:13

The older one, I'm assuming most of the day and the younger one is mine.

atticusclaw2 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:24:09

OK a large box

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now