Talk

Advanced search

Christmassy events for kids in Manchester - need recommendations please...

(7 Posts)
kavvLar Tue 15-Nov-16 00:13:35

Just as it says really. I am taking 6yo DD to Manchester for a few days mid December, weekend of 17/18, and I'd like some Christmassy activities to do. In previous years we have gone to Chill Factore, to the Winter Wonderland at Event City, and to see the Snowman.

I'm looking for recommendations for organised events we might do this year, either similar big events, or the great little gems that I might not get to hear about.

Thanks in advance.

doineedhelp Tue 15-Nov-16 12:51:36

outskirts of Manchester but at the Trafford Centre you can meet FC at Hamleys - not cheap but it involves a little party with activities and a gift from FC www.hamleys.com/explore-MFC.irs

CarrotVan Tue 15-Nov-16 18:55:24

There's also a big wheel at the Trafford Centre at the moment.

The Christmas markets will be on all over the city centre.

You could look at shows at the Palace, Lowry, Royal Exchange, Home or smaller venues like Z Arts Centre, Contact theatre, Sale Waterside etc.

See what's on at the John Rylands Library, Manchester Museum or the various art galleries.

kavvLar Wed 16-Nov-16 15:15:27

Thanks both of you, that's given me some ideas. Has anyone done the Hamleys Santa thing before?

Ooogetyooo Wed 16-Nov-16 15:29:30

What about Bury steam railway ? The station is decorated with lights everywhere, Santa in his grotto then on the train elves come round with presents, Christmas carols plus you have the magic of actually having a ride on the steam train . Did this with mine twice when they were little. We all loved it.

kavvLar Wed 16-Nov-16 19:15:23

Ooogetyooo that looks great as well!

woodwaj Wed 16-Nov-16 22:53:15

Tea with santa at Bents?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now