Talk

Advanced search

Awkward Christmas gift for single bloke

(11 Posts)
AmyC86 Mon 14-Nov-16 18:08:17

I have one of the most obscure Christmas gift requirements.

Basically, the gift is for my nephews Dad. He is no relation to me & he isn't in a relationship with my SIL. His role in the family is simply my nephews Dad. However, all family members have a civil relationship with him & exchange gifts for Christmas and Birthdays, we also do the same with his Mum. We do this to give some normality to my young nephew. I do think that this kind of 'set up' will become more common place in the coming years where friends decide to have children together etc, a 'new age family'.

For me it's always a struggle as to what to buy. I don't acctually know that much about him, he likes the football and riding his bike, last year we got him a halfords voucher hmm

For him it's easy to buy for us as we're a couple & he gets wine and a meal voucher. But this guy is 40 single and still lives with his Mum. What the chuff do I get him?

Budget is around £20.

insan1tyscartching Mon 14-Nov-16 18:10:53

A cartoon of his favourite football team from here I've bought one for ds's and they are very good and they will love them.

ChristmasSeacow Mon 14-Nov-16 18:14:18

A power pack for charging his mobile on the go? Useful for anyone I think! Dotvomgiftshop have done in nice patterns maps etc)

www.dotcomgiftshop.com/search/site/powerbank

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Mon 14-Nov-16 18:17:08

A family type game that he can play with your nephew or a games compendium. Guess who in a style of star wars, snakes and ladders, monopoly that sort of thing.

NattyTile Mon 14-Nov-16 18:33:26

Single people still drink wine and enjoy meals out sometimes, you know? Or takeaways if childcare is an issue.

GlacindaTheTroll Mon 14-Nov-16 19:14:52

Does he drink alcohol? Because a couple bottles of the 'good' version of the drinks he likes would probably go down well.

Ceaser1981 Mon 14-Nov-16 19:23:59

Cinema voucher so he can go with nephew or meal voucher? Boxset of dvds, booze, male grooming set like ted baker from boots. Experience say gof him and his son

traviata Mon 14-Nov-16 23:36:54

couple of issues or subscription to a cycling magazine?

AmyC86 Tue 15-Nov-16 00:56:58

I've done the beer and wine thing before & felt that it was a bit of a cop out gift if I'm honest. Like the sound of some of the ideas xx thanks everyone

LeMesmer Tue 15-Nov-16 10:39:14

If he is a fan of a particular football team have a look at their online shop - they have lots of stuff, not just the traditional team strip and scarves. DS is getting a plush team dressing gown and socks (to stop him wearing mine), and DH some golf stuff with team logos

228agreenend Tue 15-Nov-16 10:44:41

Bottle of whiskey

Biography of footballer or cyclist

Cinema voucher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now