I have dd(15) who is a 'tomboy' and ds1(13). Dd's list is:
- 2 pairs trackies, a t shirt, 2 hoodies, boxers, pyjamas
- 2 pairs trainers, sports kit, sports equipment
- Books, art stuff, earrings, cd's, dvd's

Ds's list is:
- Hoodie, jeans, 3 tops, underwear, onesie, socks
- 1 pair trainers, 2 hats, football, lego
- Books, dvd's, cd's, construction kits

Ds2(10) is so much easier to buy for. Both teens have said they only want what is on their lists, nothing else. It totals to <£200 when i add it up. Is that enough? They don't like technology. My friend is spending £1000 on her 3 teens which I cant afford, but is what they asked for enough? Opinions? What are your teens getting?

perditalost Sun 13-Nov-16 19:45:42

You could add in some iTunes cards or Starbucks gift cards

Not sure how DD is less than £200 to begin with though. Looks like quite a lot.

marvelousdcomics Sun 13-Nov-16 19:50:27

Thank you for the idea.

She doesn't like branded stuff, so clothes are Primark/H&M/tesco etc. She chooses them. Only wants a couple of cds, 1 dvd, 3 books, so doesn't come to that much

My mum spends £50 on me and has done since I can remember (maybe slightly more now but only by max £10). I have never felt hard done by (but she is very good at getting a lot for the money)

^^ so nearly £200 is more than enough in my option

228agreenend Sun 13-Nov-16 22:01:48

sounds plenty to me

PandoraMole Sun 13-Nov-16 23:10:47

Sounds fine to me, especially if they are happy with getting what's on their lists.

Is part of your issue that there are no surprises rather than a 'lack' of presents?

ErrolTheDragon Sun 13-Nov-16 23:23:52

That sounds like plenty. If its what they want and they've said thats all, whats the problem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now