Talk

Advanced search

"Big" presents for 7&8 year old girls

(21 Posts)
FFSenoughofthis Sun 13-Nov-16 19:34:33

Does anyone have any ideas? My two have no idea what they want as their main presents. Part of me is tempted to just say that's fine and have a cheap xmas, but then the other part of me would feel like a terrible parent! DD1 is 8 going on 18 and DD2 is a proper tomboy. Both have tablets and bikes and I've put a ban on TVs in bedrooms til they're 11.

Starting to panic a little!

kimlo Sun 13-Nov-16 19:36:25

no idea, dd2 wants beanie boos. She also needs healies in the next size up, after that I'm stuck.

FFSenoughofthis Sun 13-Nov-16 19:47:36

We have their birthdays between now and then too and they don't even know what they want for them! Honestly they're nothing like what I was, my list was basically the entire argos catalogue+

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Sun 13-Nov-16 19:58:27

Well you know what to do - hand them the Argos catalogue wink

superram Sun 13-Nov-16 20:00:04

Bigger scooter, heelys, shopkins, new school bag

Treadlightly Sun 13-Nov-16 20:05:39

Dd Was 7 last week & got a Nintendo ds, mario kart & lots of barbies

For Xmas I'm trying to persuade her she doesn't want a hatchimal...

Getting her an 'our generation' doll , kitten surprise, nom nums & her grandparents are getting her a Barbie house

winnybella Sun 13-Nov-16 20:13:02

Lego
Science/ craft kits
Lightbox for tracing fashion designs if 8yo is into that sort of thing
Manga stuff
Skateboard/ rollerblades/scooter
Card games
Ipod/Kindle/ headphones etc

GherkinsOnToast Sun 13-Nov-16 20:13:04

DD wants Playmobil hospital and or elf lego or a Smiggle voucher

FFSenoughofthis Sun 13-Nov-16 20:26:12

They went thru the smiths catalogue the other day, but it was more "that's cool" rather than "I want that".

Considering a ds with the pokemon whatsit for dd2 now, she'd love that!

Thanks for all the ideas!

namechangedtoday15 Sun 13-Nov-16 20:37:05

Are they sporty? Badminton / tennis racquets and lessons?

Experience stuff - trip to theatre / Alton Towers / learn to ski package if you have snowdome or similar? Mum and daughter cooking day / cupcake making workshop?

I have 7 year old and other than a kindle fire and bike, she's never really had a 'big' present. Don't think they need it at this age.

Finlaggan Sun 13-Nov-16 21:03:50

I'm having a similar issue with 7yo DD.

She wants a real camera and some our generation stuff & game of life and that's it. She's been talking about some new playmobil too, but she's got tonnes of that already.

Was thinking about a 2DS but kind of feel id just be getting it for the sake of getting a big present.

Also looking at the vtech action cam as I think she would use it.

Sorry not much help!

MaddyHatter Sun 13-Nov-16 21:06:20

i've got DD (7.8) the remote control BB-8 robot from Argos, its £45 at the moment.

The 'girly' thing she asked for was the Wonderbolts MLP set from there too, which is £50.

She also wants the foam Pick Axe and Swords from Minecraft!

monkeyfacegrace Sun 13-Nov-16 21:09:32

Tree House for the garden?

Namechangenurseryconcerns Sun 13-Nov-16 21:11:02

Dd has asked for crimpers. Would they fit the bill?

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Mon 14-Nov-16 09:48:10

Heelies, horse riding lessons, grown up camera, Lego, pedal racer,

oobedobe Tue 15-Nov-16 02:03:34

Do they like lego? The Friends Amusement Park looks great. My 8Yo loves Lego Elves
Rollerblades/skateboard
Marble run
Our Generation doll, vehicle (ice cream truck)
Drone or R/C toy
Bluetooth Alarm clock/speaker
Furreal dragon/unicorn

PerspicaciaTick Tue 15-Nov-16 03:12:43

Don't buy them stuff for the sake of it. How about making them an IOU voucher each - so if they see something during the year they get to ask for one gift. We did this with my DD one year as she has a winter birthday and always ended up with lots of indoorsy presents, in the end she bought some garden toys in the Summer half term which she was very excited about as she normally missed on on that sort of thing.

Stokey Tue 15-Nov-16 14:32:15

DD1 just turned 7. She got a cheap bluetooth MP3 player and some Bluetooth speakers.

She also got some money to spend which she used to buy colouring books in The Works and cheap tat hair clips in Clare's Accessories.

I'm a bit stuck for Christmas too but think I'm going to get her a watch. She got a bike and new scooter for Christams and birthday last year. She has a bit of Playmobil & Sylvanian Families but does't play with them much. She is unaware of Pokemon and Minecraft and I'd like to keep it that way!

merrygoround51 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:41:48

Karaoke machine, if you can handle the noise

Letustryagain Tue 15-Nov-16 14:44:13

DD is having a Hatchimal, some board games, some books and some Joules and Fatface clothes.

onedayatatime73 Tue 15-Nov-16 17:25:03

We bought dd a Polaroid camera for 8th birthday which has been a massive hit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now