Talk

Advanced search

Present Ideas for 10 year girl

(19 Posts)
walkingtheplank Sun 13-Nov-16 17:19:32

My DD doesn't want much for Christmas - well I'm sure she'd like to receive lots but she can't think of much. What she's told me is enough for us to buy her but other relatives will want to buy something too. So far she's asked for a Zoomer Kitty, a crystal growing kit, a diary and a book.

It would be interesting to know what other people are buying.

TIA

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 13-Nov-16 18:24:13

Does she like Zoella? How about some of her smellies from Superdrug?

Janek Sun 13-Nov-16 18:41:55

Glitter tattoos?

Mipe Sun 13-Nov-16 19:04:43

How about a mermaid blanket, a bag, a hoodie? Does she have a hobby / favourite character (my 10 year old loves Pusheen and anything kawaii)? There will be loads of ideas on the bargain thread too smile.

whensitmyturn Sun 13-Nov-16 21:00:15

My 10 year old dd wants a mermaid blanket, pikachu hoody, a costa coffee voucher, Disney Tsum tsum's, david williams books and a cadburys hamper. Some of these I'll farm out to people!
I've also bought her some top trumps, stationary, hot water bottle of her favourite animal, some good classics on dvd (Mrs doubtfire, Beethoven 1&2, jumanji) also getting her a second hand iPod.
I know my sisters are getting her theatre tickets too as it's nice to look forward to something after Christmas.

walkingtheplank Tue 15-Nov-16 18:44:03

I didn't come back - how rude.

I'm not familiar with mermaid blankets. Are these literally blankets with a mermaid tail?

DD isn't in to big brands so that rules out Zoella, Pusheen, Kawaii, Disney etc. What a pain!

FormerlyCatherineDeB Tue 15-Nov-16 20:13:50

Ten year old here who hasn't got a clue about brands - small printer for photos, reading books, new rucksack, some bath petals, big present is a desk for her room. Posh, well Jigsaw junior, pyjamas and slippers.

wizzler Tue 15-Nov-16 21:01:16

soap making kit.
flower press

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 15-Nov-16 21:26:51

Pottery wheel
Sewing machine
Some kind of science kit

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Wed 16-Nov-16 07:44:09

Horse riding, heelies, camera, pedal racer, art pencils in wooden case

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Wed 16-Nov-16 07:44:28

3D pen

GlumsTheWord Wed 16-Nov-16 17:13:24

A Polaroid camera.
Sequin art.
Lush/body shop gift box.
Fimo modelling clay/tools

GlumsTheWord Wed 16-Nov-16 17:14:27

Also rollerblades - one of our most successful presents here!

FormerlyCatherineDeB Wed 16-Nov-16 19:13:51

Glums have you seen how much the refill paper is for Polariods - I was shocked, £14 for 20 prints was the best I found. shock.

DD asked for a Polaroid but because of the print price I have bought her a Canon Selphy printer which she can air print from her iPad or load her camera photos onto.

More expensive to buy but she would burn through 20 shots in an afternoon and then be too tight to replenish the paper.

The Selphy ink and paper packs are about £27 for 108 shots.

GlumsTheWord Wed 16-Nov-16 19:57:47

Formerly - yes, they are pricey, aren't they? We bought Dd a Polaroid last year - she is quite selective with what she photographs and has a really lovely stack of pictures. I also borrowed it to take pictures of my new niece! The cost hasn't been too exorbitant so far, but she was warned at the start not to get too snap happy...

FormerlyCatherineDeB Wed 16-Nov-16 20:20:50

Selective .... not sure we would get that here Glums grin. DD gets £25 a month pocket money and she saves it 11 months of the year so I worried that the Polaroid would gather dust.

Whereas, in reality, we can all use her printer remotely (when she isn't here as I am sure a photo specific printer must be better than even a swish ish normal printer) and I am happy to pay for the refill packs. Of course I haven't told her that!

butterfly990 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:12:01

I am looking at this for my 9 year old. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wacom-CTL-490DB-S-Intuos-Draw-Graphics-Pen-Tablet-Small-Blue-/112184781591?hash=item1a1ebbeb17:g:dPMAAOSw44BYEwUl

BoboBunnyH0p Thu 17-Nov-16 10:49:33

My DD Has asked for some Forever After High dolls and shopkins. I'm also doing her a pamper hamper and she likes flavoured lip balms.

RoseZinfandel Thu 17-Nov-16 18:04:56

Board games and card games go down well with my 9 year old.
She is also getting a tabletop easel and paint by numbers set which I think she will love, and a fluffy dressing gown - she likes snuggly things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now