Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay on Christmas eve and Christmas day?

(10 Posts)
lizardqueenie Sun 13-Nov-16 15:01:05

This will be my first year without my DD on Christmas day as she will go to her Dads on Christmas eve to spend the day with him and his new partner. Im gritting my teeth...but its tough. sad

I am doing "Christmas day" on Christmas Eve if that makes sense at mine. However I don't really want to be at my home on Christmas day/ Christmas eve after she leaves. Would like a recommendation of somewhere I can go and stay with my DP on Christmas eve to return on Boxing day morning. Pref not more than 2 hours of SE London/ Kent. Doesn't need to especially Christmassy, but would really welcome a distraction too. Thank you

HungryHorace Sun 13-Nov-16 16:32:26

What's your budget? Do you just want to eat, drink and relax or do you want to go, e.g. for countryside walks?

PotteringAlong Sun 13-Nov-16 16:36:52

In all honesty, I think the time to book this was long ago and the chance to go away has probably passed you by now.

Are you happy with somewhere travelodge - esque?

PotteringAlong Sun 13-Nov-16 16:38:43

I tell a lie! The red lion in Henley has availability?

www.redlionhenley.co.uk

MrsGosling71 Sun 13-Nov-16 16:39:34

Super break do good value trips across the UK. Often included is rail transport too

PotteringAlong Sun 13-Nov-16 16:40:57

Malmaison in oxford does too!

lizardqueenie Sun 13-Nov-16 17:46:54

Thanks Pottering I will have a look at those. Yes should have sorted this out a while ago but plans have only recently been finalised.

Hungry- budget probably 300ish, would be nice to eat drink and relax and have somewhere we can get out but happy for seaside/ country/ town. But somewhere where everything isn't completely shut or there is a spa or something to do in the hotel. not asking for much am i?

AmyC86 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:53:55

Why don't you pull out all the stops and go here for two nights....

www.bareis.co.uk

HungryHorace Sun 13-Nov-16 19:35:03

I've just done a booking.com search and a place called Howfield Manor in Canterbury has availability. I've no idea what it's like, but it scores 8.5 for their reviews.

HungryHorace Sun 13-Nov-16 19:39:29

Hythe Imperial Hotel also has availability (it's also a spa hotel).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now