Talk

Advanced search

What are yo buying your 13 year old DS ?

(27 Posts)
happymummy2010 Sun 13-Nov-16 12:34:45

Struggling what to get DS who was 13 last month.. His main interests are gaming ( Xbox minecraft, Garden warfare etc) and going to Theme Parks ( We already have Merlin passes). He wants an Xbox 1, which I'm in 2 minds on as he already has a Xbox 360. I'm not sure what other small things to get him. He has no interest (yet !) in clothes or toiletries

Any suggestions ?

GreenGinger2 Sun 13-Nov-16 12:46:16

My twin boys who are 13 are having Eiffel Tower/ New York Lego, build your own robotic lizard,books and games.

BabyGanoush Sun 13-Nov-16 12:53:10

Superhero/starwars fleece robe?

magentastardust Sun 13-Nov-16 14:51:14

Last year Krispey Kreme card or cinema cards were hits here. (DS away to turn 13 this xmas and I came here looking for ideas) Portable charger or speakers ? It is such a tricky age!

PickAChew Sun 13-Nov-16 14:56:41

A nice backpack (probably jack Wolfskin) which we'll fill with other goodies. His birthday is also in December and he already has a better phone than the half dead handmedown he's been using as an early present. We've got a power pack and some glowy cables for him to open on the day and will chuck in a play store voucher.

Ladydepp Sun 13-Nov-16 15:19:52

Headphones
Portable charger/speaker
Tennis racket
New football
iPod nano
Hoodie
Socks
Calendar with cute animals (yes really)
Books
PlayStation voucher
Annual - beano or MOTD
Chocolate
Hot chocolate
Shin pads

I8toys Sun 13-Nov-16 16:19:10

Mini NES
Steam voucher and controller
Pokemon Moon - his brother is getting Sun
Various Xbox one games - Assassins Creed and COD
Driving experience - did Top Gear last year.
Exploding kittens expansion game
Go Sushi Party when it comes out
Nike wallet and washbag

He wants an xbox s but already has xbox one and 360!!

starrynight19 Sun 13-Nov-16 16:22:25

Trainers
baselayer
Beanie
Bluetooth speaker
iTunes vouchers
Football
Computer games

Ooogetyooo Sun 13-Nov-16 16:26:17

18 toys - can I ask about the driving experience? I am thinking of similar for my Ds13.

I8toys Sun 13-Nov-16 16:34:04

Ooogetyooo - it was from Buy A Gift. He went around the Top Gear studio and drove around a track in a Range rover. He couldn't do the 4x4 experience as it was too wet. Not sure they do it anymore though looking at the website but lots more experiences on there.

cauliwobbles Sun 13-Nov-16 16:42:44

Bluetooth water proof speaker
Jack Wills Clothes
Smellies
New phone
Book
Chocolates

He wanted a new Xbox but can wait a year until they bring the new one out.

notagiraffe Sun 13-Nov-16 16:54:25

Does he have any interest in music? An i-Pod and i-Tunes vouchers or boogie box and Cds or old style record player in a suitcase and some vinyl? Tickets to gigs? A guitar or drum kit?

New games for the x-Box

Box set of favourite comedy series

Experiences - DC loved them at that age. They've had Zorbing, segwaying, chocolate making, driving, ballooning.

Revealall Sun 13-Nov-16 17:03:27

Mines getting headphones, Stuff subscription, electric toothbrush, LED nights for his bedroom and any tech bits I can find.
Glowy cables sound good

ihearttc Sun 13-Nov-16 17:13:02

We did the Top gear driving experience for DS1's 11th birthday (although he didn't go until the summer as I wanted to wait until it was better weather!).

He absolutely loved it...honestly one of the best things he has ever done. We did the 1 hour session as we live about 125 miles away but we were there for ages looking round the studio as well.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 13-Nov-16 18:22:01

Glowy cables sound good. Can I ask where you get them from please?

ohforfoxsake Sun 13-Nov-16 18:40:34

Ahh I got mine an Xbox One S because he has a 360. He wanted to upgrade for a while, I have no idea if they are going to stop making games for the 360 and if he can't talk to his friends who have a One but I fell for it and was stuck on what to get him. I got the 1TB as I figure he'll have it for a while and the games will become more sophisticated.

I am clueless about it all to tell the truth.

chocolateshoes Sun 13-Nov-16 18:43:40

Love the idea of the Top Gear driving experience for my DS. Can anyone find a link to it? Wonder if it might not exist anymore

Redcrayons Sun 13-Nov-16 18:48:04

Marking place. Such a difficult age. Ds's list:

Game vouchers
Not clothes

So I'm stumped.

Meadows76 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:51:25

Got mine a PS4 because he is happy with the Xbox 360 and has refused an upgrade several times.

butterfly990 Sun 13-Nov-16 19:20:34

Just found this sad
topgeartrackexperience.com/

www.driveb4uturn17.co.uk/ I have no experience of this particular company, however driving lessons maybe an idea.

I have booked for us to go to the Insomnia gaming convention Dec 9-11th at the NEC. I was planning to let my kids choose something from the event. insomniagamingfestival.com/

marvelousdcomics Sun 13-Nov-16 19:40:16

Clothes, pyjamas, cds, DVDs, books, games, sports stuff, trainers

Honeyandfizz Sun 13-Nov-16 19:46:43

My ds is 12 he's asked for

Xbox one with Fifa & fortza
Armani jumper & tracksuit bottoms (from jd sports)
Calvin Klein boxers
Nike hoodie
Mountain bike
Books (David walliams & Guinness records)
Choccies
Mug
Bath bomb
Beats headphones

Have to add it's his birthday 27th so some of that will be for his birthday plus mil is buying the Xbox!

PickAChew Sun 13-Nov-16 20:03:21

I stumbled upon the cables on Amazon when I was looking for some sturdy ones for myself. No idea how robust they are, but he's so bad at checking that his phone is actually charging that I figured they might make him notice sooner rather than later. I'll see if I can find them when I'm on my laptop, later

PickAChew Sun 13-Nov-16 20:05:47

OK, if you search for led USB cables, you should find the right sort of thing.

ElizaSchuyler Sun 13-Nov-16 20:06:22

Ds has asked for:

Pokemon Go Plus
Pokemon Moon for DS (he's buying Sun himself)
Portable Bluetooth speaker (his sister has a small Bose one)
iTunes vouchers
Premiership football team home shirt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now