Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting from scratch - Playmobil

(15 Posts)
Bravas Sun 13-Nov-16 08:17:44

Ds is nearly 6, any suggestions on a good set to start with for under £50? I'm going round in circles on Amazon.

PlaymobilPirate Sun 13-Nov-16 08:20:21

Wait till the next Argos 3for2 sale and get 3 £30 sets. Ds likes Uniformed Public Services so we did this last year and got a fire station, fire engine and police car I think

itshappenedagain Sun 13-Nov-16 08:41:36

Try eBay, you can buy bundles relatively cheaply

starrynight19 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:03:42

Elc has 20% off playmobil and it's on 3 for 2 so look there smile

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Sun 13-Nov-16 09:07:13

We started with the camper van set which is still going strong a decade later. We found it good for multiple kids to play with as one tends to concentrate on the vehicle itself but others like to play with the picnic table and chairs. I think it came with a bike, some kitchen bits and 4 people.

Rosehips Sun 13-Nov-16 09:22:12

Swimming pool has always been popular here, or caravan/campervan. We'e had boys and girls of all ages playing with them. Playmobil website is probably the best place to see all the diffrent options (though amazon is usually the cheapest for buying)

Getnakedorgohome Sun 13-Nov-16 09:25:55

We have a campsite which is great, also a Noah's ark and a fire station. I would say to make sure it is a set with multiple figures as well as the accessories, it gives more play options. What is your ds into? My 2yo ds loves the fire station whereas 4yo dd is more into playing 'holidays' with the families on the campsite.

DoItTooJulia Sun 13-Nov-16 09:30:19

Don't start with a giant house! It takes ages to assemble and minutes to come apart (although at six you might be ok!)

I've started with the caravan. Vehicles are a good start.

missyB1 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:30:58

We have the camp site, swimming pool, adventure playground, family car and speed boat. My ds is nearly 8 and isn't really playing with them now but he loved his playmobil for a good few years, good value for money.

Bravas Sun 13-Nov-16 10:30:32

Thanks all. Ds is in to everything, so hard to pick an area. Camping sets seem popular, I'll take a look at those.

Casablanca78 Sun 13-Nov-16 17:34:27

I'd agree - the camper van is a great starter set. Also mine have all loved the swimming pool, it's been a huge hit!

OvO Sun 13-Nov-16 18:46:26

Dinosaurs!

My DS is 9 in a few days and still loves all the dino stuff. The houses and small fiddly bits from the other sets all get barely played with but I don't think anyone outgrows going raaar with a t-rex. fgrin

We have a knights castle too that sees a lot of use - not the huge ones but one that's more a tower on a rock - it's more portable than the big stuff.

We have the campervan too but ours has just sat on a shelf!

OvO Sun 13-Nov-16 18:55:03

What's happened to the dino range? fshock

Was going to link to the one my DS likes best but they don't seem to be available except on eBay. <sadface>

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sun 13-Nov-16 18:56:21

Campervan has been endlessly popular. As have the Pirates and Knights. All ages, boys and girls, have loved those.

elQuintoConyo Sun 13-Nov-16 19:01:47

Police, police and more police with our ds.

I have also pucked up some random figures from a local fleamarket ov er the past couple of monrhs (including FC, an elf, a woman who looks like me grin little boy holding a zoo sign who looks like Marty McFly, one of the Village People, a Viking... etc).

There are some nice sets that close up into their own little carry box with a key, great for taking to gp's house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now