Talk

Advanced search

1st Christmas as a couple

(14 Posts)
Princesspinkgirl Thu 10-Nov-16 21:21:39

As the title suggests it's mine and DP first christmas together this year I'm also due Christmas day so eventful what do couples do without children ? I'm lost to what even buy food wise and do together bearing in mind I don't want to be spending hours in the kitchen that day

PJBanana Fri 11-Nov-16 07:37:57

I would just plan a quiet day at home, as realistically you don't know what the day will be like! Your baby might have arrived by then, or you might just be extremely uncomfortable!

Does your DP cook? If not, just buy some buffet bits or buy as much as you can ready made to just shove in the oven on the day.

Maybe get a traditional board game or Christmas film (or both)? Then you can do breakfast, presents, lunch, board game, film on the day, which might work out ok whether your baby is with you by then or not!

ScarlettO89 Fri 11-Nov-16 07:44:48

First Christmas together and you're expecting a baby on Christmas Day?! Wow, that was a quick one!

wonderingsoul Fri 11-Nov-16 07:50:46

Scarelett... was there there any need?

Op if you want to dinner. Id do as much before hand.. and then the rest do it together in the kitchien. That could be fun and less stressfull.

Then just watch movies. Play board games. . And rest. Maybe go for a walk.

Also can i suggest a first christmas together bauble ... you can get some pretty ones.

KayTee87 Fri 11-Nov-16 09:15:15

scarlett seriously, was there really any need for that?

Op I wouldn't plan too much as you won't know what's going on, just relax and enjoy.

Princesspinkgirl Fri 11-Nov-16 11:08:13

ScarlettO89 that was rude and yes we did fall pregnant quickly thank you for the concern !

Princesspinkgirl Fri 11-Nov-16 11:10:17

Thank you everyone else my dp is not a great cook like the buffet idea some great suggestions here

GummyBunting Fri 11-Nov-16 11:13:42

My fiance and I have still never spent an Xmas together. Probably won't until we have kids.

In your position I would have one last Xmas at my parents and be waited on! I'd also suggest your dp went to have one last Xmas at his parents'. That is of course if those are viable options.

user1471950254 Fri 11-Nov-16 11:42:17

Given you could be parents by Christmas Day I would plan to make it an easy and relaxing day! Buy pre-prepared meat and veg if you want a traditional roast that you can just pop into the oven. Alternatively get lots of lovely nibbles (mix of hot and cold to make it easy) that require minimum preparation!

Lots of people seem to do Christmas Day take away so that's another option?

Congratulations and good luck

Greenfingeredfun Fri 11-Nov-16 13:04:28

I'm sure Scarlett's comment was meant playfully

wonderingsoul Fri 11-Nov-16 19:17:02

Even if hes not a great cook im sure he can throw some pitatoes in a pan...

But also ya could just get a take out or nibbles.. take the stress away completely... esp if your little one is there.

MaggieMcGill Fri 11-Nov-16 19:24:32

Erm! What do couples do without children on Christmas Day?? Lie in bed, open presents, eat chocolate and drink champagne of course. Bliss! 😀

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 12-Nov-16 20:50:57

Chill out, maybe go for a walk, then have loads of buffet/canapé / nibbly bits - enjoy!

Princesspinkgirl Sun 13-Nov-16 21:38:11

Thank you all for the suggestions they have been helpful and taken on board it's getting closer and I'm getting excited now 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now