Help with DP's DM

(8 Posts)
lumpit Wed 09-Nov-16 21:07:52

Really struggling for ideas for my DP's DM. DP is insisting we can give a joint gift but I'd really prefer to get her a little gift from just me as I know she'll go out of her way to get me a little something too.
Tricky to buy for as she's quite picky, only late 40s and quite 'alternative'/'trendy'. She's a bit of a new age hippy but still a bit wild and fun.
Any suggestions on something up to about £20?

cheekyfunkymonkey Wed 09-Nov-16 21:17:32

I'd go for some sort of gift experience, cocktail tasting , Groupon should do them for under £20

Ebbenmeowgi Wed 09-Nov-16 21:20:52

Something alternative/hippy from etsy? Or something fair trade, like clothing from nomad, gringo, some salwah's (harems) for pyjamas? I've favourited loads of lovely hippy handmade gift ideas on Etsy so can inbox you my user name I if you want a look?

Or some macrame jewellery made out of a lovely stone or crystal??

lumpit Wed 09-Nov-16 21:43:59

Ebbenmeowgi I've been having a look round etsy but can't see anything that takes my fancy so that would be great if you could! I'll have a look at some of the brands you've suggested too, thanks smile

perditalost Wed 09-Nov-16 21:49:02

I'd go for some sort of gift experience, cocktail tasting , Groupon should do them for under £20

Not sure how that could possibly be new age hippy?

A Groupon cocktail tasting would be hell on earth for most people in their late 40s I would think.

KC225 Thu 10-Nov-16 08:28:03

Old fashioned wax seal and stamp with her initial. lovely brass stamp with scrolled script. You can buy wax sticks on all different colours. It's not something you would buy yourself but is fun and very cheap on Amazon.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 10-Nov-16 08:40:12

Get her a funky hat !

PossumCreek Thu 10-Nov-16 18:30:06

I just bought one of these bracelet cuffs as a present for someone.
Etsy DeCumiDesigns

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now