Talk

Advanced search

Nintendo 3DS/Pokemon

(10 Posts)
almamatters Wed 09-Nov-16 14:56:52

Anyone know the cheapest place I can buy this or if it's worth the bother? My 7 year old has asked for it but at £250 I'm a bit worried about affording it along with everything else and someone out there might know of a slightly cheaper place to buy? Price I found was for the console and both games from Argos!

OSETmum Wed 09-Nov-16 15:25:51

DS is 7 and I'd just getting the 2ds as it's cheaper!

wonderingsoul Wed 09-Nov-16 18:30:19

uk.m.webuy.com/product-detail/gaming/3ds-consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-blue-discounted/04549650xlbb03

Buy a secind hand one from cex comes with a years warrenty and can look good as new. Then game for 30 quid.

130. Half the price as a new one

milkysmum Wed 23-Nov-16 20:21:25

Just stumbled across this post. My 7 year old daughter has just added a 3ds to her Christmas list! I can't believe it and thought I had gotten away with board games etc...

Then at the last minute she decides she wants this after playing on her friends- and now the 5 year old is chirping up that he wants one too!!! They are so expensive for what they are it's ridiculous!

SisterViktorine Wed 23-Nov-16 20:25:33

I am also going 2DS for DS(6). There are health concerns regarding the 3D thing for young kids anyway.

Is everyone going for Pokémon Sun/ Moon? DS has only played Pokémon Go until now and I'm not sure what the best game to go for is?

milkysmum Wed 23-Nov-16 20:31:48

Can someone tell me a bit more about the health concerns around the 3ds and what age this applies to? Might be a way of explaining to them why Father Christmas has not bought them what they put on their list!

MsJamieFraser Thu 24-Nov-16 05:49:42

What health concerns are there with the 3ds?

A1Sharon Thu 24-Nov-16 06:29:28

There is a button to turn the 3D part off on the 3 DS.
I would definitely look at second hand ones, they'll be fine!

avengers2016 Thu 24-Nov-16 06:35:11

We've also got 2ds for 6yo ds with Pokemon sun pre installed. £89 from tesco with vouchers off so was about £70. I've seen ds play with my 3ds and nearly snap the hinge for fiddling so I think the 2ds is better for little hands!

EleanorRugby Thu 24-Nov-16 06:55:19

I agree that the 2ds is just as good and much cheaper. Dd1 has a 3ds because the 2ds was not out when we bought it for her 3 years ago. She was 6 when we bought it and in those 3 years we have never switched the 3d on!. I don't think it can be good for their eyesight. Dd2 has the 2ds which we bought last year and it's just as good in my opinion. The 3ds is only worth it if you are going to use the 3d option or you want the 3dsxl for a bigger screen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now