Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for couples £20-£30

(17 Posts)
doublehelpings Mon 07-Nov-16 14:29:03

Anyone have any great ideas. Looking for presents for uncles and aunties etc. In the past we have done

- white company smellies
- passport covers
- bottle holder and wine
- platter with cheese and biscuits and chutneys
- hamper
- Netflix subscription with booze and popcorn
- personalised chopping boards
- photo frames
- wine and chocolates etc

Anything I haven't thought of?

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 07-Nov-16 14:34:57

In the past I've done a nice biscuit jar filled with homemade shortbread or cookies if I can give it to them to be opened straight away. I tend to think that edible gifts are the way to go for aunties and uncles as they're usually at that stage where they don't need or want any more 'stuff'.

AmyC86 Mon 07-Nov-16 14:39:21

This year, I'm on a budget due to unforseen circumstances. So my sisters & their partners as well as my SIL & her partner are getting:

Bottle of plonk (nice prosecco) box of chocolates (Hotel chocolat or similar) and a nice meal voucher for Jamie's Italian or similar x

DubiousCredentials Mon 07-Nov-16 14:43:49

Alcohol with a side of garden centre vouchers is my older couple staple gift.

ferriswheel Mon 07-Nov-16 14:44:24

Meat hamper from online butcher.

Milzilla Mon 07-Nov-16 14:46:39

Cineworld night out voucher

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 07-Nov-16 14:47:49

Depends on the age or if they have Dc but we gave our bil and SIL a hamper each with a voucher for odeon cinema and a 'babysitting overnight' coupon so they could have a night out.
They are yet to return the favour and instead opt for useless tat we never use 'gifts'

doublehelpings Mon 07-Nov-16 15:05:21

Thanks so much everyone! I like the cinema voucher idea and jamies voucher. This might work well for BIL and SIL where we spend a bit more. Jamies voucher might also work for DH uncle and auntie who would like that sort of thing.

I like cooking and baking so if I can get organised it's always nice to do something personalised.

perditalost Mon 07-Nov-16 18:07:40

Jamies voucher

Jamies isnt like it used to be with the 1st ones. It is really mass produced microwave type crap now so I wouldn't give it as a gift unless you are sure that they like it a lot.

MouseLove Mon 07-Nov-16 18:18:37

A few years ago I made my own hampers. It's a lot of work but it's cheap and looks amazing. I made...
- fudge
- jam, chutney, marmalade
- marshmallows (yes, actually made chocolate marshmallow lol) & put them with a tub of nice hot chocolate.
- cheese biscuits
- truffles
Included a mini bottle of wine too.

Everyone loved it. Got all my recipes online and YouTube for how to videos. It was really fun making everything. The most complex is the jam.

You could put together your own hampers from bought items too. Think we're doing that this year. My friend made hampers last year. She put flavoured oils and jars of caramel, Meat glaze, chilli jam & flavoured butter. It was amazing.

doublehelpings Mon 07-Nov-16 19:19:23

I think poster meant a voucher for going to a branch of jamies Italian??

rainingcats Mon 07-Nov-16 20:45:09

restaurant choice vouchers make a good gift for people - perhaps younger couples who would normally eat at these types of places

the www.gourmetsociety.co.uk card might make a nice gift as well

rainingcats Mon 07-Nov-16 20:46:34

sorry just seen £20 - £30 .... gourmet card is a bit more than that but I have seen offers around for it previously to make it a bit cheaper

AmyC86 Tue 08-Nov-16 08:42:20

I've had a gourmet society card for the last 12 months & only for you eat out regularly is it really worth it xx

Girlforallseasons Tue 08-Nov-16 09:54:32

I find Carluccios useful for these types of presents (uncles and aunties really). They usually do a fab range of foodie gifts that look good too.

doublehelpings Tue 08-Nov-16 10:16:38

Carluccios is a good shout. They package things up really nicely and you know it's good quality stuff. Plus there's one locally. Thanks Girlforallseasons

monkeymamma Tue 08-Nov-16 22:48:39

Got a gorgeous couple I know (mid 20s) a cinema style light box from Oliver Bonas for £29. It's just something fun they can leave messages for each other or put their names in lights! Couples gifts for younger ones I find hard as I don't want to impose my (probably frumpy) tastes onto them, but also don't want to just get vouchers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now