Experience ideas for a 9 year old girl.....

(13 Posts)
Oh2beatsea Sun 06-Nov-16 20:04:27

My daughter's 9th birthday is in January so I want to try to buy her some experiences as gifts rather than lots of presents!
So far I've thought of cinema vouchers, milkshake vouchers, Legoland visit (as main present) and an art workshop.
Can you think of any more ideas please?

Rumtopf Sun 06-Nov-16 20:07:34

Llama trekking?
I'm trying to find one for my 14 yr old dd as I know she'll love it!

Catanddogmake6 Sun 06-Nov-16 20:14:35

Does she ride or ice skate? The ceramic painting places are usually enjoyed. Some places do 'beauty treatments' for little ones. Theatre although expensive - does vary depending where. Pizza Express/ Hut vouchers. Think Lush might do something or that might only be birthday parties worth looking to see. In fact Google birthday parties - many of them are activity based. National Trust trip would be free if you have membership, some museums in London are free.

PetyrBaelish Sun 06-Nov-16 20:16:49

My DSS recently had a skiing lesson bought for him as a 9th birthday present (he had never done it before) and he really loved it.

redexpat Sun 06-Nov-16 20:16:59

I would say west end musical. Matilda would be a good choice.

Oh2beatsea Sun 06-Nov-16 22:15:40

Wow! Some great ideas that I would never have thought of. Thanks.

BusStopBetty Sun 06-Nov-16 22:19:38

I know someone who has just bought a giraffe experience at a wildlife park. I think it involves helping the keeper and feeding them. Not sure January would be the best time, but could be something for the spring?

DPotter Sun 06-Nov-16 22:24:18

Climbing walls,
the ballet,
a theatre trip,
music lessons,
horse riding lessons
all the kit need to learn to knit / crochet
tennis lessons
gymnastic lessons

TwentyCups Sun 06-Nov-16 22:27:51

I think you have probably got enough, but maybe you could make some 'dinner of your choice' vouchers for her to give you over the next month or two as well? Just as a nice thing to add smile

Guitargirl Mon 07-Nov-16 17:28:30

Does she like Harry Potter? Am taking DD - aged 10 in January - to see the Cursed Child. There's HP world too if she is into the books/films. My 9-year old enjoyed Kidzania.

Oh2beatsea Mon 07-Nov-16 19:04:22

The giraffe idea sounds nice! Thanks for all of your great suggestions 😊

mumofhandsomeboys Mon 07-Nov-16 19:14:44

Indoor surfing or skydiving?

Ilovewillow Mon 07-Nov-16 19:18:08

My daughter loved sky diving (Airkix), we are looking at a zoo keeper experience at Longleat for a Christmas present! Harry Potter tickets?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now