Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for 1year old that will last the year - Xmas birthday!

(18 Posts)
Sunshine1509 Sun 06-Nov-16 08:47:50

My dd will be 1 around Xmas time so I'm looking for present ideas that will suit her for a while as she won't then get any 'big' gifts until next year
We've got her a fisher price pram and one of those beatbo things but aside from that stuck. They grow out of things so fast and we don't have a lot of space (or a garden) to store really bulky toys.

TIA

Sunshine1509 Sun 06-Nov-16 08:48:49

Sorry should say looking for presents for Birthday and Xmas not just her birthday.

icklekid Sun 06-Nov-16 08:52:15

Toy kitchen? ikea just the bottom bit if space limited?
Do got lots of duplo which he still loves year later.
Bath toys are always fun.

WhirlwindHugs Sun 06-Nov-16 08:52:25

Duplo, lots of story books, wooden blocks,

ZoSanDesu Sun 06-Nov-16 08:55:23

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/119/25015/galt-toys-tiny-trike/?gclid=CMf80ODgk9ACFQzhGwodTRYLDw

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CGZKFLG/ref=mpss_a11_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1478422505&sr=8-9&pi=ACSX2366_SY340_QL65&keywords=wooden+walker

NickyEds Sun 06-Nov-16 08:56:40

Brio style train track and Duplo are a couple of things that ds still plays with at almost 3 that he got on his first birthday. We got him a mixture of longer use stuff (more expensive- like duplo and train track), things to keep (we got him a handmade stitched advent calendar)and age appropriate things (stacking cups etc- just cheap things). The musical instruments also went down well!

StMary Sun 06-Nov-16 08:58:40

We have the same situation here.

For her first birthday dd1 got a cozy coupe which is still played with now, 4 years later..

Flanderspigeonmurderer Sun 06-Nov-16 09:00:16

Shape sorter, my pal violet, any ride on toy.

Orangedaisy Sun 06-Nov-16 09:00:37

Happyland. DD got hers at 9 months and is now 2.9. She is currently happily playing with them all over the living room floor and has been for the last hour and a half. And has basically done that at least once a week since she got them.

Equimum Sun 06-Nov-16 09:05:03

DS1 has a Christmas-time birthday too. He is now nearly four, and still plays with the Little Tykes cosy coupe, Duplo and the Happyland toys he received for his first birthday/ Christmas. Other things that lasted a while, included a baby doll, big chunky vehicles and basic puzzles.

Equimum Sun 06-Nov-16 09:05:37

Play doh and aquadoodle also last a while.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 06-Nov-16 09:13:50

We got a very cheap sand /water table from Argos, I think it's Chad valley and my ds age 13 months loves it. The legs come off and it can be stored quite compactly. We don't always use it for sand/water but he will have bricks or other bits in for sorting out. I find it better than a sandpit for outdoors because they stand at it rather than sit in it, and it has a play table on top that takes mega-blocks too.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 06-Nov-16 09:15:09

This - it's in their 3 for 2 at the moment

Rainshowers Sun 06-Nov-16 09:21:09

For our DD's first birthday we got annual passes to the zoo! Lasted all year and as she got more into walking it was an easy (free!) day out for us all. They have a soft play, playgrounds etc too so plenty to keep her busy.

HRarehoundingme Sun 06-Nov-16 09:22:05

DC1 was the same for that christmas/birthday we got

leapfrog scout -
pram and first doll
click clack track for cars
fisherprice pour teapot
scuttlebug

she still uses these daily at almost 3 and not showing any sign of getting bored of them yet.

Sunshine1509 Sun 06-Nov-16 10:47:34

Some fantastic ideas smile thank you everyone
We already have a big box of duplo as Ds has this and still plays with it (at 7! Definitely got the money's worth out of it)

Freezingwinter Sun 06-Nov-16 11:04:11

Happyland toys
A ride on (got ours from Smyths)
Scuttlebug
Vtech grow and go rocker
Musical instruments
Ball pit and balls
Wooden puzzles

SimplyNigella Sun 06-Nov-16 19:51:06

DS is a January birthday and for his first birthday and Christmas we also tried to buy ahead for the year.

Across the two we bought:
- Plum wooden sand and water table
- ELC wooden kitchen walker (the push along type, not the sit on type)
- Uncle Goose wooden alphabet blocks in pull along trolley
- ELC wooden post box with letters (he still plays with this at nearly 3)
- Play tent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now