Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present inspiration for 4yo girl please!

(16 Posts)
CoffeeChocolateWine Fri 04-Nov-16 23:44:31

I would love a bit of inspiration for what to buy my 4yo daughter as a kind of 'main' present (by that I mean around about the £50-60 mark).

I have a few ideas for smaller gifts, such as a soft Anna doll to go with her Elsa, dressing up stuff, perhaps a My Fairy Garden set, Sylvanian bits maybe but can't think of a 'wow' present for her. We don't have loads of space so I don't want to double up on similar big toys...for instance I have wouldn't get her a Sylvanian house as she already has a dolls house; I wouldn't get her a play kitchen as she has a play shop etc. She's not massively into Lego yet so I think my son's collection will suffice for another year. She'd probably love a hatchimal but they are sold out everywhere! She has a bike and a scooter and got roller skates for her birthday a couple of months ago. I would probably be content buying her a few smaller bits if it wasn't for the fact that my son is likely to be getting a bike!

She does love playing with small world stuff, she likes dressing up, she is very physical and loves outdoorsy muddy play, she's very creative but has pens, pencils, paints and lots of craft supplies. I can't think of anything else!

Can anyone give me some good ideas please?

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Sat 05-Nov-16 07:56:15

I'm getting my 4yo an ez fort. It'll take up most of the floor space in his room when being played with but packs away small. He loves dens etc and from reviews should be able to build some of it himself with a little help

Paddingtonthebear Sat 05-Nov-16 07:57:25

Kids camera?

BellaGoth Sat 05-Nov-16 08:41:33

Playmobil?

TheDuckSaysMoo Sat 05-Nov-16 08:49:54

Does she need a wow present at 4. I have a 4 yo dd and will be getting her thIngs like a Belle soft doll, craft stuff, dressing up outfit, lego set etc. but not a big thing. Although she loves the look of the robotic pets like a purring cat and I suspect they're around £40.

CoffeeChocolateWine Sat 05-Nov-16 09:52:42

A camera is a lovely idea, thank you.

Duck, you are right, she doesn't necessarily need a wow present and usually I would be very content buying her the bits I mentioned...it's simply because my son is likely to be getting a bike which is such a wow present. I don't feel the need to 'spend the same amount of her as on him' because one day she'll need a new bike too and it will all balance out, but it would just feel a bit too imbalanced if DS gets a bike and DD gets a doll!

CoffeeChocolateWine Sat 05-Nov-16 09:54:25

Howmany, we already have Ez Fort!

gratefully Sat 05-Nov-16 09:57:03

Does she have a scooter?

autumnintheair Sat 05-Nov-16 10:28:37

kids camera went down a treat here.

mine is getting

till
art easel and paints
simple card games
bakery set elc
walkie talkies,
paint russian doll set
tinkerbell doll
beauty and the beast figure set and probably to finish the belle dress....

beauty and the beast is our theme this year.

however her fav present is going to be the doctors case I have for her - embellish with real stethascope, proper plasters and bandages and a litle nurse dress.

CoffeeChocolateWine Sat 05-Nov-16 11:07:56

Walkie talkies is another great suggestion, thank you. Lots of lovely ideas there autumn, but we already have many of them. We bought DC a play shop a few years ago so they have a till and bakery set. My son also had an art easel but it was rarely used by either of them so it's been put away now. Might look into the Russian doll set. Really liking the idea of a camera though.

Gratefully, she does have a scooter and I think it will probably do her until her next birthday in the summer.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sat 05-Nov-16 16:44:45

I think as long as she has something she will adore you don't need to buy an expensive/big 'wow' gift. It could cost £5 or £100. If it's something small you could put in a box with a helium balloon with it so the balloon pops out the box. Dd's loved this last year!

My eldest (8) will be getting a kindle fire to help with homework/reading which is a pretty big gift but dd (4) is desperate for the new paw patrol pup tracker so that will be what she will love most even though it only cost me £18.

But large sized gifts that are impressive size wise you could get
One of those colour in houses - hobbycraft had quite a few or a tent - ikea one is fantastic folds down easily too.

Mamastinks Sat 05-Nov-16 18:22:35

What about a big teddy? Wilkos have a penguin, lion, tiger teddy, dinosaur and unicorn reduced from £60 to £30. They are all massive so look impressive. My 5 year old has asked for the belle tea trolley www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/fashion-dolls/c-494/disney-princess/p-19007/disney-belle-musical-tea-party-cart/
Not sure if she is getting it yet though. Or an easel? Aldi still have theirs in the shop I think they are about £18.

busyrascal Sat 05-Nov-16 19:08:22

All my 4yo dd wants for Christmas is a Paw Patrol mashem. £2.97 from Asda. Fine by me grin

DeleteOrDecay Sat 05-Nov-16 20:32:37

I am the same, my daughter just turned 4 and got a Kiddizoom camera for her birthday, she loves it so I would definitely recommend that if she doesn't have one already.

So far for Christmas we've bought her a large Duplo set (forest park or something like that), although that's more of a joint present for her and her younger sister. And some Kinetic Sand, again she got some for her birthday and loves it so we've got her some more.

Apart from that I'm stumped really. So I will be following this thread with interest.

Paddingtonthebear Sun 06-Nov-16 07:36:15

We are trying to avoid "toys" for our just turned 4yr old this Xmas as she has so much already and just had a birthday. These are the kind of things I am thinking of from us and relatives

Camera. Probably going for a cheap waterproof digital than a kiddizoom

Dressing up costume

CD audio book collection

Russian doll set

New pens, notepad, paper etc

Bath stuff, matey bubbles, new sponge etc

Illuminated night and day globe

Books

Make your own jewellery set

Swimming bag

Smart Games Camelot puzzle

Teaching the time watch

CoffeeChocolateWine Sun 06-Nov-16 13:08:00

Just want to say a massive thank you for all these fantastic ideas. I'm knocking most of my own ideas off the list to make space for these! A camera she will love, but nocuts, your suggestion of a colour in house is absolutely perfect for my DD and I never would have thought of it, so thank you! Just spotted the colour in fairy house and she will be so excited to receive that and it's only £15 smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now