Talk

Advanced search

what are you buying your 5 year old boy?

(33 Posts)
Flowersonthewall Fri 04-Nov-16 19:40:28

Following on from another thread I could do with some ideas for mu 5 ds...loads of ideas for older Dd but really not sure what to get him! He points out lots of plastic tat that cme up on ads but I'm not convinced, can you share your ideas with me? smile

Flowersonthewall Fri 04-Nov-16 19:40:56

Apologies for typos, feeding the baby!

ShowOfHands Fri 04-Nov-16 19:43:30

DS wants an imaginext batcave but they're fifty English pounds so am hoping to get one from ebay. He too likes all plastic tat but is only allowed to ask for one thing.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Fri 04-Nov-16 19:45:07

Lego
See inside books
Activity drawing books and pens

Gizlotsmum Fri 04-Nov-16 19:45:40

Thinking of getting him and his older sister a tablet ( looking at the o2 family bundle) and then probably some more Thomas or Thunderbirds stuff

Loulou2kent Fri 04-Nov-16 19:50:12

Lego, imaginext stuff (looks like plastic tat, but actually lasts years & keeps well) dimensions characters & some games. I know he will be happy with just lego. He lives dreams eats & sleeps it. It's all he talks about!

Flowersonthewall Fri 04-Nov-16 20:02:52

Thanks for the ideas! He hasn't said what big present he wants, and although he has legs he doesn't need much more!

BrieAndChilli Fri 04-Nov-16 20:05:12

Lego and more Lego!
Imaginext stuff
BB8 robot.

Vistaverde Fri 04-Nov-16 20:31:45

Bike,
Monopoly Junior
Pictorial encyclopedia
Lego

ridingsixwhitehorses Fri 04-Nov-16 20:55:50

I have just bought my 4yo a used but good condition imaginext space station on eBay

Laniakea Fri 04-Nov-16 21:00:53

Ds2 wants playdoh, Thomas stuff (track master & take n play) & my little pony playsets (which are stupidly expensive).

Imaginext is really good though - ds1 (now 10) has lots & it's held up to three children & still gets played with.

herecomesthsun Fri 04-Nov-16 22:32:18

batcaves cheaper than £50 smile

We're getting an air hockey table after discovering ds loves playing it whilst on holiday, luckily so do DP and I. He's also asked for Grossery Gang which as far as I can see does nothing but is exactly the sort of rubbish he loves. Got some games when they we're on offer in the works a couple of months ago, a couple of books then a stocking.

Oh, and the annual box full of craft stuff from Poundland

beardedladydragon Fri 04-Nov-16 22:41:43

My 6 yr old ds is having snap circuits and a football table

Mondayschild78 Fri 04-Nov-16 22:46:08

Lego
Board games eg. silly sentences - to also help him with learning to read
Activity and sticker books
Scooter
Books that he can start to read as are basic and geared towards the first stage but are of a topic he's interested in eg. Star Wars or Lion Guard

MrsBungle Fri 04-Nov-16 22:50:54

My reception 4 year olds main present this year is scaletrix. Currently half price in the Asda toy sale. He's not actually asked for it but dh is insistent! I've also bought him some transformers figures, marvel books and a marvel 'smasher' figure so far.

unicornsarenotjustforchristmas Sat 05-Nov-16 06:55:22

Ds2 will be 5 in January. He wants imaginext. Lots and lots of batman imaginext.
Also getting an Optimus prime transformer as he also likes transformers.
Also a cuddly toy Stitch from Disney and a Kindle fire tablet for his birthday.

Buddahbelly Sat 05-Nov-16 06:56:56

showofhands Ive just got the batcave for my ds from tesco for around £22 on their 3 for 2 deal. Got him a couple of board games along with it.

unicornsarenotjustforchristmas Sat 05-Nov-16 06:59:16

Oh and fungus amungus. He is currently really into that

JustHereIGuess Sat 05-Nov-16 07:01:44

This year I will be taking him out on Boxing Day to choose his presents, I've asked him what he wants Santa to bring him, and he's said nothing.

I went pretty much over the top with gifts for him last year and only a few got played with.

handsfree Sat 05-Nov-16 07:03:04

Kidizoom camera
Nerf gun (small one!)
Various Star Wars related items, bits of Lego, top trumps etc

ipswichwitch Sat 05-Nov-16 07:07:26

Just turned 5yo DS asked for the Playmobil hospital so he's getting that and the Playmobil goldmine (which looks awesome!). Also getting a kids kindle, Lego, a couple of imaginext batman bits to go with the Batcave he got last year (which he loves btw). I'm getting some first reader type books, and I've found a Lego Star Wars set at The Book People that I know he'll love.

ShowOfHands Sat 05-Nov-16 07:20:30

Oh Mumsnet smile

Herecomesthesun, thank you so much for that link. They've got the super duper batcave which I told ds was a definite no as it's £60. It's half price and I have a £10 voucher. I can't believe it. He will be SO thrilled.

Buddah, looks like we'll both be playing Batman Christmas morning.

BoboBunnyH0p Sat 05-Nov-16 07:27:49

My DS is 5 (6 in February) he has asked for lego and a bike. I have ordered him a Where's Wally book set from the book people. Have also got him a Thomas take and play set to add to his collection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now