Talk

Advanced search

What to get a 20yr old (female)

(13 Posts)
Everyonelovessparkles Fri 04-Nov-16 07:34:40

I'd like to get DS's key worker at nursery a nice present, as she is lovely, but unsure what to get. Was thinking make up or nice bracelet or just a voucher but unsure what brands, etc this age group like, so any advice would be great! Budget up to £30. Thanks.

jopickles Fri 04-Nov-16 09:10:52

does she wear make up? have painted nails? you could do her a little hamper full of nice/fun smellies or make up maybe with a bottle of wine in

Monkeyface26 Fri 04-Nov-16 09:12:45

Voucher for a manicure or pedicure at a local salon?

NattyTile Fri 04-Nov-16 09:52:22

Is she allowed to accept gifts over a token value?

dovesong Fri 04-Nov-16 09:56:01

ASOS or Topshop voucher! Or a Boots one. Or Amazon. I think makeup's a bit too specific to choose for someone else, although if you really want to go for that, an urban decay palette or benefit gift set are nice and pretty universal.

Came on to say Benefit or Urban Decay!
Urban Outfitters voucher
Starbucks voucher in a mug with some chocolates

Ceaser1981 Sat 05-Nov-16 20:55:32

Lush gift set
Perfume set, the new ariana sweet as candy is lovely
Nice candle
Ted baker make up brush set with the lip and nail duo from boots (gorgeous)
Ted baker nude pallette (again gorgeous)
Itunes voucher
Travel mug from starbucks

I have the 'Santa' letter of 21 year old dd1 here.

It says:
silver watch
Lush face wash
Benefit High Beam
Estella Bartlett silver plated necklace
Turtleneck jumper
Books about murder and forensics!

Any use? grin

NerrSnerr Sun 06-Nov-16 10:33:02

I wouldn't buy a particular brand of make up as you have no idea what she uses, has, or would want. I usually give wine at nursery but if you want to spend more I would get a voucher.

Bluemoon49 Sun 06-Nov-16 18:36:51

My (very nearly) 20yr old DD would appreciate a gift card for:
New Look
H&M
Miss Selfridge
Oasis
River Island
Fat Face
Amazon
Itunes
Costa Coffee
Cafe Nero

I agree make up is quite personal so very hard to buy for someone else. The best thing is probably going to be a gift card because that gives her choice. You could even get one that incorporates multiple stores that sell different things, like a Love2Shop voucher or a gift card for your nearest shopping centre that includes all the stores there. That way she is bound to get something she wants.

secondhoneymoon Sun 06-Nov-16 18:57:48

My DCs were at different nurseries - but at both all presents were pooled and then raffled. Before you spend a very generous £30 would check out whether your DC's key worker wil actually receive your gift

ByeByeLilSebastian Sun 06-Nov-16 18:59:37

Benefit watts up. Best highlighter going imo.

Everyonelovessparkles Sun 06-Nov-16 19:43:53

Thanks for all the great advice! Looks like a voucher is the best option, this is what I usually go for (H&M or Costa usually), just wondered whether I was missing something, but looks like I'm on the track any way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now