Talk

Advanced search

Good ideas for Boxing Day

(4 Posts)
OrangeRhinoInTraining Thu 03-Nov-16 21:18:35

This year we will be out on Christmas Day so won't have the usual leftovers on Boxing Day - any suggestions for a low-effort but still special meal??

Giratina Thu 03-Nov-16 21:22:01

We usually visit family on Christmas day so we don't have leftovers either. I usually get a few different kinds of party buffet food and put them out around lunchtime with crisps and dips, cheese and biscuits etc and people can help themselves whenever they're hungry. It's a nice relaxed day for DD to play with her new stuff and me to mainline Baileys.

OrangeRhinoInTraining Thu 03-Nov-16 21:24:10

That was DHs thinking too, and part of me thinks that's perfect but other part worries it's not special enough! Need to lighten up...smile

bookbook Thu 03-Nov-16 21:37:25

We always go out on Boxing Day for a long walk along a beach. So - I do an evening meal of slow roast lamb or pork, (put in before we go out). I make ahead potato dauphinoise to re heat , and prep up any veg. Then a cheese board, and of course, christmas cake and mince pies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now