House of Fraser voucher nightmare!

(5 Posts)
user1478168660 Thu 03-Nov-16 10:54:29

With Christmas looming and my 2 and 4 year olds building their wish lists at a rapid rate, I started to take a look at our finances and started to calculate potential costs. I remembered some unused House of Fraser gift vouchers my husband had been given at work so decided to buy some bits using one of these. I shopped online and then tried to add the voucher details to cover £50 of the cost but it wouldn't go through. I waited until my husband came home and he tried but also failed. The vouchers were in date too. We decided to enter into a live web chat with House of Fraser and after exchanging the voucher number and the security code we were advised we had read a Q as an O. Great I thought, and my voucher was instantly recognised. I added my card details for the balance and completed the transaction. When the order arrived, to my amazement I'd been charged the full cost of the order on my dedit card! Both my husband and I have been in contact with House of Fraser Customer Services and although they must have history of the live contact we had when confirming the details of the voucher, they refuse to help and say they treat vouchers as cash so can't do anything. As we thought we'd used the voucher, we binned it after completing the order so £50 lost! Christmas is always expensive and I'd hoped this voucher would help this year but it's been a very bad experience and costly too. My husband gets vouchers every year from his company but he won't be taking House of Fraser any more!

Andylion Thu 03-Nov-16 15:29:18

I've never shopped with House of Fraser but I wondered if you could check your online account, previous orders, and see if there is any info on method of payment.

That's all I cab advise. Good luck.

recklessgran Thu 03-Nov-16 17:00:44

Send an e-mail to House of fraser CEO Nigel Oddy!

secondhoneymoon Thu 03-Nov-16 20:14:00

Do you have a twitter account? I've found 'shocking customer service from @hof ' type tweets get instant responses vs emails that take days

user1478168660 Thu 03-Nov-16 22:58:24

Great advice from you all so thanks and we'll give all suggestions a try. We've spoken to many of our friends about it and all have said how appalling it is and that we shouldn't let it go. Such a shame that we need to go to battle over something that should be easily resolved by House of Fraser we feel. Thank you all again!🙁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now